French actor Gerard Depardieu has received a Russian passport
after flying to Russia for a late night dinner with President
Depardieu sought Russian citizenship in his battle against a proposed super tax on millionaires in France, and Mr Putin granted his request.
Gerard Depardieu Russian television showed Mr Putin embracing the actor as he arrived at the president's residence in Sochi, host city of the 2014 Winter Olympics.
Most Popular Stories
- Bently Creates Alabama Small Business Commission
- Is Alibaba's IPO Price a Fairytale?
- Kardashian: Kanye Never Told Fan in Wheelchair to Stand Up
- Los Angeles Angels Clinch Playoff Spot
- U.S. Producer Prices Held Steady in August
- When to Say No to Investors, Yes to Mentors
- U.S. Tobacco Growers Lose Last of Price Supports
- Scottish Leaders Scramble for Votes on Independence
- Sanctions Push Russian Ruble to Historic Low
- ISIS Grew Strong as al-Qaida Weakened