French actor Gerard Depardieu has received a Russian passport
after flying to Russia for a late night dinner with President
Depardieu sought Russian citizenship in his battle against a proposed super tax on millionaires in France, and Mr Putin granted his request.
Gerard Depardieu Russian television showed Mr Putin embracing the actor as he arrived at the president's residence in Sochi, host city of the 2014 Winter Olympics.
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- College Board Offers a Sneak Peak at New SAT
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Salsa Legend Cheo Feliciano Killed in Car Crash
- Earthlike Planet Found in Red Dwarf's Goldilocks Zone
- New Auto Plant to Create 155 Jobs in Kentucky
- Miss. Gov. Signs Bills to Curb Unions
- Hiring and Weekly Jobless Claims Both Edge Up
- Generating Solar Power in the Dark
- Google Q1 Earnings Dip as Ad Prices Slip