U.S. cable network Comedy Central says it has ordered "Drunk History," a weekly half-hour show based on the popular Web series and produced by Will Ferrell.
The show will feature historical reenactments by A-list talent, narrated by inebriated storytellers, it was announced Saturday by Kent Alterman, the network's head of original programming and production.
The show is being produced by Gary Sanchez Productions and executive produced by creator and star Derek Waters, writer-director Jeremy Konner, and Gary Sanchez Productions' Will Ferrell, Adam McKay, Chris Henchy and Owen Burke. The eight-episode series is to premiere this summer.
"As they always say... history, like revenge, is a dish best served drunk," Alterman said in a statement.
"Will and I have always believed booze brings out truth. Sometimes that truth involves hitting on airport bar janitors or eating cheese fries at 4 a.m. But in this case, we hope that truth will shine on our nation's history," McKay said.
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Ukraine Moves Closer to Joining E.U.
- Ukraine Loan Delayed While Congress Goes on Vacation
- Herbalife Puts Off Meeting for Icahn Talks
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- Navarro Celebrates 2 Years of Vida Mia
- Federal Gov't Deficit Continues to Decline
- Venezuela Death Toll Reaches 28
- Russia Holds Large Military Drills in South