U.S. cable network Comedy Central says it has ordered "Drunk History," a weekly half-hour show based on the popular Web series and produced by Will Ferrell.
The show will feature historical reenactments by A-list talent, narrated by inebriated storytellers, it was announced Saturday by Kent Alterman, the network's head of original programming and production.
The show is being produced by Gary Sanchez Productions and executive produced by creator and star Derek Waters, writer-director Jeremy Konner, and Gary Sanchez Productions' Will Ferrell, Adam McKay, Chris Henchy and Owen Burke. The eight-episode series is to premiere this summer.
"As they always say... history, like revenge, is a dish best served drunk," Alterman said in a statement.
"Will and I have always believed booze brings out truth. Sometimes that truth involves hitting on airport bar janitors or eating cheese fries at 4 a.m. But in this case, we hope that truth will shine on our nation's history," McKay said.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- What to Expect From an Amazon Smartphone
- Asia Seeks Obama's Assurance Over Spats
- Coachella's Young Audience a Marketers Paradise
- Nevada Range Showdown Draws Armed Supporters
- Auto Parts Plant Opening in Pa., Jobs on Tap
- National Energy Boom Blurs Political Battle Lines
- Putin: No Blocks to Boosting Relations With West
- Clinton Sought GOP Support for Health Plan
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs