"Texas Chainsaw 3D" chewed its way to the top of the North American box office this weekend, raking in $23 million.
The gore fest stars Alexandra Daddario, Trey Songz and Tania Raymonde.
"Django Unchained," written and directed by Quentin Tarantino and starring Jamie Foxx, Christoph Waltz and Leonardo DiCaprio, was a close second with $20.082 million.
All studio estimates of gross box office receipts are via Box Office Mojo.
"The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" was strong in third place with $17.525 million; "Les Miserables (2012) " fourth with $16.117 million; "Parental Guidance" fifth with $10.125 million; Jack Reacher, sixth with $9.3 million; "This Is 40" seventh with $8.559 million; "Lincoln" eighth with $5.258 million; "The Guilt Trip" ninth with $4.53 million.
"Promised Land (2012)" was 10th with $4.312 million.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women