"Texas Chainsaw 3D" chewed its way to the top of the North American box office this weekend, raking in $23 million.
The gore fest stars Alexandra Daddario, Trey Songz and Tania Raymonde.
"Django Unchained," written and directed by Quentin Tarantino and starring Jamie Foxx, Christoph Waltz and Leonardo DiCaprio, was a close second with $20.082 million.
All studio estimates of gross box office receipts are via Box Office Mojo.
"The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" was strong in third place with $17.525 million; "Les Miserables (2012) " fourth with $16.117 million; "Parental Guidance" fifth with $10.125 million; Jack Reacher, sixth with $9.3 million; "This Is 40" seventh with $8.559 million; "Lincoln" eighth with $5.258 million; "The Guilt Trip" ninth with $4.53 million.
"Promised Land (2012)" was 10th with $4.312 million.
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- Selena Gomez, Shakira Among Top Hispanic Searches
- GM to Stop Making Autos in Australia
- PhD Project Grooms Business Profs
- How Bitcoin and Other Cryptocurrencies Work
- It's Primary Time in Texas
- How to Survive a Subzero Stranding
- Pacific Trade Pact Delay Hinders U.S. Pivot to Asia