It's stock may no longer be on a relentless
rocket trajectory, but among consumers Apple remains as popular as
The maker of the iPhone and iPad said Monday that its App Store had now passed the milestone of 40 billion apps downloaded, including 20 billion in 2012 alone. The downloading frenzy reached its peak in December, a month in which 2 billion apps were downloaded from Apple's servers.
The company said that the App Store has more than 500 million active users who can choose from some 775,000 apps available for iOS devices.
App developers have made sales worth over 7 billion dollars through the store, according to Apple senior vice president of Internet Software and Services Eddy Cue.
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- Mark Sanchez Suddenly a Hot QB Commodity
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?
- American Killed With ISIS Fighters in Syria
- Surf's Up! SoCal Prepares for Big Storm Surf
- Ford Hires 300 at Louisville Lincoln Plant