It's stock may no longer be on a relentless
rocket trajectory, but among consumers Apple remains as popular as
The maker of the iPhone and iPad said Monday that its App Store had now passed the milestone of 40 billion apps downloaded, including 20 billion in 2012 alone. The downloading frenzy reached its peak in December, a month in which 2 billion apps were downloaded from Apple's servers.
The company said that the App Store has more than 500 million active users who can choose from some 775,000 apps available for iOS devices.
App developers have made sales worth over 7 billion dollars through the store, according to Apple senior vice president of Internet Software and Services Eddy Cue.
Most Popular Stories
- 2014 Will Be 'Breakthrough Year' for U.S., Obama Says
- Target Overwhelmed by Worried Customers
- Congress Ends Turbulent Year with Approving IRS Chief
- Prius Among Insurance Institute's 39 Top Safety Vehicles
- First Family Arrives for Hawaiian Island Holiday
- Renewable Energy Group to Acquire Syntroleum
- Ally Financial Settles Auto Loan Suit
- Covered California Lags on Hispanic Enrollment
- Climate Change Isn't an Equal Opportunity Destroyer
- Luis Suarez Re-ups With Liverpool F.C.