It's stock may no longer be on a relentless
rocket trajectory, but among consumers Apple remains as popular as
The maker of the iPhone and iPad said Monday that its App Store had now passed the milestone of 40 billion apps downloaded, including 20 billion in 2012 alone. The downloading frenzy reached its peak in December, a month in which 2 billion apps were downloaded from Apple's servers.
The company said that the App Store has more than 500 million active users who can choose from some 775,000 apps available for iOS devices.
App developers have made sales worth over 7 billion dollars through the store, according to Apple senior vice president of Internet Software and Services Eddy Cue.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women