It's stock may no longer be on a relentless
rocket trajectory, but among consumers Apple remains as popular as
The maker of the iPhone and iPad said Monday that its App Store had now passed the milestone of 40 billion apps downloaded, including 20 billion in 2012 alone. The downloading frenzy reached its peak in December, a month in which 2 billion apps were downloaded from Apple's servers.
The company said that the App Store has more than 500 million active users who can choose from some 775,000 apps available for iOS devices.
App developers have made sales worth over 7 billion dollars through the store, according to Apple senior vice president of Internet Software and Services Eddy Cue.
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- FDIC Accuses Big Banks of Fraud, Conspiracy
- Stocks Close Lower Ahead of Crimea Vote
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Ulta Shares Look Good on Strong Q4
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Jittery Investors Dumping Russian Stocks
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers