EXTON, PA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/07/13 -- Analytical Graphics, Inc. (AGI), the producer of commercial modeling and analysis software for the space, defense and intelligence communities, today announced that Virgin Galactic is using its Systems Tool Kit (STK) Aircraft Mission Modeler (AMM) software to create realistic simulated flight paths for WhiteKnightTwo, a jet-powered heavy-lift aircraft designed by Scaled Composites. WhiteKnightTwo is designed to ferry Virgin Galactic's six-passenger, two-pilot spaceships to higher than 45,000 feet (13,716 meters), where they will be released for a rocket ride to space. The all-composite, WhiteKnightTwo aircraft will also be used to carry the company's planned LauncherOne satellite orbital launching system. By comparing STK AMM's simulated flight path against telemetry from WhiteKnightTwo flight data, Virgin Galactic can create a reliable simulation flight model for predicting WhiteKnightTwo's flight performance under varied conditions.
"Virgin Galactic required a flexible tool to enable predictions of performance with multiple configurations and airspace. AGI's STK and AMM tools allowed us to use our aerodynamic and engine data to build a model, verify the model against real flight data and then predict fuel burn, climb rate performance and mission durations," says Marty Holmquist, Virgin Galactic lead engineer.
"AGI is thrilled that our software will be contributing to Virgin Galactic's incredible space tourism mission," says Paul Graziani, AGI CEO. For more about AGI software capabilities for aircraft mission modeling, visit www.agi.com/aircraft.
Analytical Graphics, Inc. (AGI) delivers software applications and development tools for timely and cost-effective development and deployment of space, defense and intelligence missions. AGI products are used for modeling, engineering and operations in the areas of space, cyberspace, aircraft, missile defense, C4ISR and electronic systems. For more information, visit www.agi.com.
Add to Digg Bookmark with del.icio.us Add to Newsvine
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women