Canadian astronaut Chris Hadfield is tweeting from space.
Hadfield, who most recently shared a a photo of the Sahara Desert, is currently living in space aboard the International Space Station (ISS) as flight engineer on Expedition 34, and according to his Twitter profile he will be commander of Expedition 35.
Hadfield has posted photos of him playing guitar, Los Angeles on New Year's Day and a wildfire in Australia, just to name a few of his shares from space.
Hadfield is catching the attention of social media users after he replied to a tweet from Star Trek's William Shatner, which prompted fellow trekky George Takei to post a Facebook message about their interaction.
Hadfield left Earth on Dec. 19, 2012 and arrived at the ISS on Dec. 21. He will be the first Canadian to command the ISS once the crew of Expedition 34 departs.
Most Popular Stories
- Portland's Arts District to host theater festival from June 26-30 [Sun Journal (Lewiston, ME)]
- Sex as a battlefield ; Although his fiction is at times overwhelmed by descriptions of women's bodies, James Salter is capable of a simmering, near- biblical intensity. His new novel does not do justice to his art
- The perfect children's film: a Western with aliens, Moses and true love ; Few things inspire children more than movies, so what are the favourite childhood films of actors, directors and producers at the Cinemagic festival?
- Gillian Anderson is fired up in 'The Fall', but Whicher is suspiciously dull ; The former 'X-Files' star channels her inner Helen Mirren in a new crime drama set in Belfast
- Top 10 concerts from Sands Event Center's first year
- Joshua Radin loves to sing about love
- As 'The Office' ends, other workplace shows find a big TV audience
- Local comedians carve own path to fame with Valley-wide circuit
- BRIEF: Carole King to be honored with Obama-hosted show, Gershwin Prize
- 'Iron Man 3' makes $1 billion worldwide, $300 million domestically