Canadian astronaut Chris Hadfield is tweeting from space.
Hadfield, who most recently shared a a photo of the Sahara Desert, is currently living in space aboard the International Space Station (ISS) as flight engineer on Expedition 34, and according to his Twitter profile he will be commander of Expedition 35.
Hadfield has posted photos of him playing guitar, Los Angeles on New Year's Day and a wildfire in Australia, just to name a few of his shares from space.
Hadfield is catching the attention of social media users after he replied to a tweet from Star Trek's William Shatner, which prompted fellow trekky George Takei to post a Facebook message about their interaction.
Hadfield left Earth on Dec. 19, 2012 and arrived at the ISS on Dec. 21. He will be the first Canadian to command the ISS once the crew of Expedition 34 departs.
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- Pot's Legal in WA -- But You Should Probably Ask Your Boss
- Drive-In Movie Theaters Use Creativity to Afford Digital Switch
- How ESPN Became a $50B Sports Empire
- Obama Cites Letter Writers in Pitching Economy
- Pau Gasol Turns Down Lakers' Offer
- U.S. Immigration Courts Facing Record Backlog
- President Obama Relishes Roadshow, but Agenda Still Stuck
- Stevie Fielder Changes Tune on Thad Cochran Vote-buying Story
- Farrell, Kitsch Rumored for Season 2 of 'True Detective'