Canadian astronaut Chris Hadfield is tweeting from space.
Hadfield, who most recently shared a a photo of the Sahara Desert, is currently living in space aboard the International Space Station (ISS) as flight engineer on Expedition 34, and according to his Twitter profile he will be commander of Expedition 35.
Hadfield has posted photos of him playing guitar, Los Angeles on New Year's Day and a wildfire in Australia, just to name a few of his shares from space.
Hadfield is catching the attention of social media users after he replied to a tweet from Star Trek's William Shatner, which prompted fellow trekky George Takei to post a Facebook message about their interaction.
Hadfield left Earth on Dec. 19, 2012 and arrived at the ISS on Dec. 21. He will be the first Canadian to command the ISS once the crew of Expedition 34 departs.
Most Popular Stories
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Castro-Blanco Joins Fifth Street Finance Board
- Google Kid Accounts Plan Raises Worries
- Target Slashes Annual Profit Outlook
- Ballmer Steps Down From Microsoft Board
- Honda's Safe Approach Pays Off in Sales
- Islamic Militant in James Foley Beheading Video May Be English
- HTC Makes Windows Version of Flagship One Phone
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts