Canadian astronaut Chris Hadfield is tweeting from space.
Hadfield, who most recently shared a a photo of the Sahara Desert, is currently living in space aboard the International Space Station (ISS) as flight engineer on Expedition 34, and according to his Twitter profile he will be commander of Expedition 35.
Hadfield has posted photos of him playing guitar, Los Angeles on New Year's Day and a wildfire in Australia, just to name a few of his shares from space.
Hadfield is catching the attention of social media users after he replied to a tweet from Star Trek's William Shatner, which prompted fellow trekky George Takei to post a Facebook message about their interaction.
Hadfield left Earth on Dec. 19, 2012 and arrived at the ISS on Dec. 21. He will be the first Canadian to command the ISS once the crew of Expedition 34 departs.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women