Sears Holdings announced today that it scored 100 percent on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's Corporate Equality Index for the eighth year in a row. The perfect score represents the company's commitment to equality through programs that reinforce inclusiveness of all employees and an understanding that diversity is a key business imperative. Sears Holdings is also listed in the Human Rights Campaign 'Buyer's Guide', an additional tribute to the company's support of workplace equality and inclusion.
"The celebration of our diverse employee population is embedded within the culture at Sears Holdings and is a reflection of who we are as an organization," said Dean Carter, Chief Human Resources Officer for Sears Holdings. "I'm proud to work for a company that embraces these values both internally and within the communities in which we do business. It's an honor to be recognized for the eighth consecutive year as a leader in this space, and to share the 100 percent perfect scoring with the other widely-respected organizations on the list for 2013."
The Human Rights Campaign Foundation provides research, advocacy and education for the Human Rights Campaign, America's largest civil rights organization. They work to achieve lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) equality at home, work and in the community. The Corporate Equality Index is based on an analysis and rating of 688 businesses and their policies and practices pertinent to LGBT employees such as equal employment opportunity, benefits and associate networks to name a few.
Most Popular Stories
- Rackspace Ends Talks About Possible Acquisition
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Missouri GM Plant Adding 750 jobs
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Family Dollar Spurning Bid From Dollar General
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006