Actor Patrick Dempsey, star of the television series Grey's Anatomy, has won a bid to buy a bankrupt chain of U.S. coffee shops, he announced on Twitter Friday.
Dempsey, 46, will pay $9.15 million for Tully's Coffee, a chain of 47 cafes based in Seattle, beating out six other bidders, including coffee giant Starbucks.
"We met the green monster, looked her in the eye, and ... SHE BLINKED!," Dempsey tweeted, referring to Starbucks. "We got it! Thank you Seattle!"
Tully's parent company TC Global filed for bankruptcy in October and has around 500 employees. A bankcruptcy court still needs to approve the sale and is set to meet next week.
Most Popular Stories
- Frightfully Fun Films Return for Halloween
- Would Soccer Be Richer Without Small Clubs?
- Pfizer Approves $11 Billion Buyback Plan
- Cloud Lifts Microsoft's Quarterly Results
- Jennifer Aniston, Justin Theroux Set the Date
- IS Funded by Black Market Oil Sales, Racketeering
- Hollywood Eager to Grasp Hispanic Market
- Weekly Jobless Claims Rise but Remain Low
- Stocks Continue Strong After Opening Surge
- Teresa Giudice Must Serve Time in Prison