Actor Patrick Dempsey, star of the television series Grey's Anatomy, has won a bid to buy a bankrupt chain of U.S. coffee shops, he announced on Twitter Friday.
Dempsey, 46, will pay $9.15 million for Tully's Coffee, a chain of 47 cafes based in Seattle, beating out six other bidders, including coffee giant Starbucks.
"We met the green monster, looked her in the eye, and ... SHE BLINKED!," Dempsey tweeted, referring to Starbucks. "We got it! Thank you Seattle!"
Tully's parent company TC Global filed for bankruptcy in October and has around 500 employees. A bankcruptcy court still needs to approve the sale and is set to meet next week.
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Herbalife Puts Off Meeting for Icahn Talks
- Navarro Celebrates 2 Years of Vida Mia
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- Ukraine Loan Delayed While Congress Goes on Vacation
- Federal Gov't Deficit Continues to Decline
- Ukraine Moves Closer to Joining E.U.
- Venezuela Death Toll Reaches 28
- Russia Holds Large Military Drills in South