CNN has named Scotland as the number one destination for tourists
to visit this year.
The country's "dramatic countryside" such as the West Highland Way and Rob Roy Way walking routes were listed among the attractions.
The US news channel's website lists highlights including events planned around the Year of Natural Scotland, such as Dumfries and Galloway Wildlife Festival, Heb Celt music festival and Scottish Food and Drink Fortnight.
Mike Cantlay, chairman of VisitScotland, said: "The global success of Brave and the awe-inspiring images of Scotland in Skyfall will have whetted the appetite of many potential visitors from home and around the world."
Scotland came ahead of Rabat in Morocco, Colombia and Amsterdam.
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say