CNN has named Scotland as the number one destination for tourists
to visit this year.
The country's "dramatic countryside" such as the West Highland Way and Rob Roy Way walking routes were listed among the attractions.
The US news channel's website lists highlights including events planned around the Year of Natural Scotland, such as Dumfries and Galloway Wildlife Festival, Heb Celt music festival and Scottish Food and Drink Fortnight.
Mike Cantlay, chairman of VisitScotland, said: "The global success of Brave and the awe-inspiring images of Scotland in Skyfall will have whetted the appetite of many potential visitors from home and around the world."
Scotland came ahead of Rabat in Morocco, Colombia and Amsterdam.
Most Popular Stories
- Aetna Leaving California's Individual Health Insurance Market
- Honda Says Sorry About the Lack of Electric Fits
- Calories Count: Starbucks to Post the Numbers on Menu Boards
- Comcast Takes a Stake in a YouTube Content Provider
- OSH Selling Most of Its Stores to Lowe's
- First Person Cured of AIDS Virus Wants to Help Others
- Katy Perry: Learned About Divorce Via Text Message
- Is Stock Balloon Really a Pinata?
- Google Wants to Share PRISM Information
- Charitable Giving Sees Encouraging Growth