CNN has named Scotland as the number one destination for tourists
to visit this year.
The country's "dramatic countryside" such as the West Highland Way and Rob Roy Way walking routes were listed among the attractions.
The US news channel's website lists highlights including events planned around the Year of Natural Scotland, such as Dumfries and Galloway Wildlife Festival, Heb Celt music festival and Scottish Food and Drink Fortnight.
Mike Cantlay, chairman of VisitScotland, said: "The global success of Brave and the awe-inspiring images of Scotland in Skyfall will have whetted the appetite of many potential visitors from home and around the world."
Scotland came ahead of Rabat in Morocco, Colombia and Amsterdam.
Most Popular Stories
- American Airlines, US Airways Complete Merger
- ACA Delay Stresses Small Businesses
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- Unemployed Wait as Lawmakers Debate
- Harley Issues Motorcycle Recall
- General Dynamics Plans 200 New Jobs in N.M.
- Auto Dealer Builds Big Solar Project
- Entrepreneurs' Next Creation May Be New Laws
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts