Text of report by Maricar Cinco published by Philippines
newspaper Philippine Daily Inquirer website on 4 January
Camp Vicente Lim, Laguna -At least three people were killed after an amok opened fire at residents in Kawit, Cavite Friday [4 January] morning.
The police identified the amok as Ronald Bae, a resident of Barangay Tabon 1.
Senior Supt. Alexander Rafael, Cavite police director, said Bae started shooting his neighbours with a .45-cal. at around 9:30 a.m. for no apparent reason.
Rafael said at least three residents died in the hospital while several other victims were rushed to four different hospitals in Kawit.
He said responding policemen tried to arrest Bae but he resisted forcing authorities to shoot him down. The police brought Bae to the hospital where he died upon arrival.
Chief Insp. Joel Saliva, Kawit police chief, said Bae ran for village chief but lost in the last elections.
Most Popular Stories
- Social Media Campaign Increases Organ Donor Registrations
- Airport Garners Social Media Award
- What Will Happen When Quantitative Easing Ends?
- MillerCoors Taps New Hispanic Ad Agency
- Aetna Leaving California's Individual Health Insurance Market
- Calories Count: Starbucks to Post the Numbers on Menu Boards
- Honda Says Sorry About the Lack of Electric Fits
- Immigration Reform Would Decrease U.S. Budget Deficit
- Comcast Takes a Stake in a YouTube Content Provider
- First Person Cured of AIDS Virus Wants to Help Others