Text of report by Maricar Cinco published by Philippines
newspaper Philippine Daily Inquirer website on 4 January
Camp Vicente Lim, Laguna -At least three people were killed after an amok opened fire at residents in Kawit, Cavite Friday [4 January] morning.
The police identified the amok as Ronald Bae, a resident of Barangay Tabon 1.
Senior Supt. Alexander Rafael, Cavite police director, said Bae started shooting his neighbours with a .45-cal. at around 9:30 a.m. for no apparent reason.
Rafael said at least three residents died in the hospital while several other victims were rushed to four different hospitals in Kawit.
He said responding policemen tried to arrest Bae but he resisted forcing authorities to shoot him down. The police brought Bae to the hospital where he died upon arrival.
Chief Insp. Joel Saliva, Kawit police chief, said Bae ran for village chief but lost in the last elections.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women