Text of report by Maricar Cinco published by Philippines
newspaper Philippine Daily Inquirer website on 4 January
Camp Vicente Lim, Laguna -At least three people were killed after an amok opened fire at residents in Kawit, Cavite Friday [4 January] morning.
The police identified the amok as Ronald Bae, a resident of Barangay Tabon 1.
Senior Supt. Alexander Rafael, Cavite police director, said Bae started shooting his neighbours with a .45-cal. at around 9:30 a.m. for no apparent reason.
Rafael said at least three residents died in the hospital while several other victims were rushed to four different hospitals in Kawit.
He said responding policemen tried to arrest Bae but he resisted forcing authorities to shoot him down. The police brought Bae to the hospital where he died upon arrival.
Chief Insp. Joel Saliva, Kawit police chief, said Bae ran for village chief but lost in the last elections.
Most Popular Stories
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Notes From the July FOMC Meeting
- Honda's Safe Approach Pays Off in Sales
- Castro-Blanco Joins Fifth Street Finance Board
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Ballmer Steps Down From Microsoft Board
- Target Slashes Annual Profit Outlook
- Google Kid Accounts Plan Raises Worries