Text of report by Maricar Cinco published by Philippines
newspaper Philippine Daily Inquirer website on 4 January
Camp Vicente Lim, Laguna -At least three people were killed after an amok opened fire at residents in Kawit, Cavite Friday [4 January] morning.
The police identified the amok as Ronald Bae, a resident of Barangay Tabon 1.
Senior Supt. Alexander Rafael, Cavite police director, said Bae started shooting his neighbours with a .45-cal. at around 9:30 a.m. for no apparent reason.
Rafael said at least three residents died in the hospital while several other victims were rushed to four different hospitals in Kawit.
He said responding policemen tried to arrest Bae but he resisted forcing authorities to shoot him down. The police brought Bae to the hospital where he died upon arrival.
Chief Insp. Joel Saliva, Kawit police chief, said Bae ran for village chief but lost in the last elections.
Most Popular Stories
- FAA to Appeal Court Decision Allowing Commercial Drone Use
- Tesla's Alt-Energy Future Aims for Massive Lithium-Ion Battery Production
- New Chat App, Yik Yak, Causes Problems for Students
- Rand Paul Tops Presidential Straw Poll at Conservative PAC Conference
- Obama Meets with Ukraine Prime Minister Wednesday
- Gas Prices May Jump from Calif. Emissions Law
- Big Earthquake Rumbles Northern California
- Ukraine Crisis Limits Losses in Gold, Silver