Text of report by Maricar Cinco published by Philippines
newspaper Philippine Daily Inquirer website on 4 January
Camp Vicente Lim, Laguna -At least three people were killed after an amok opened fire at residents in Kawit, Cavite Friday [4 January] morning.
The police identified the amok as Ronald Bae, a resident of Barangay Tabon 1.
Senior Supt. Alexander Rafael, Cavite police director, said Bae started shooting his neighbours with a .45-cal. at around 9:30 a.m. for no apparent reason.
Rafael said at least three residents died in the hospital while several other victims were rushed to four different hospitals in Kawit.
He said responding policemen tried to arrest Bae but he resisted forcing authorities to shoot him down. The police brought Bae to the hospital where he died upon arrival.
Chief Insp. Joel Saliva, Kawit police chief, said Bae ran for village chief but lost in the last elections.
Most Popular Stories
- AIG to Create 230 Jobs in Charlotte
- 15 Myths That Could Ruin Your Hispanic Ad Campaign
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim
- Bipartisan Negotiators Reach Modest Budget Agreement
- Justin Bieber Visits Typhoon Victims, Plays Concert
- Senate Dems Move Forward With Obama Nominees
- New Obama Aide to Focus on Climate Change
- Obama Nominee Confirmed for D.C. Appeals Court
- MasterCard to Split Shares, Raise Dividend
- GOP, Dems Strain to Unearth a Modest Budget Pact