Text of report in English by the Turkish state-funded news agency
Anadolu (also known as Anatolia)
Sixty-eight Syrians, including two generals and their family members, defected from Syria to Turkey on Friday [4 January].
Sources said that 68 Syrian nationals entered Turkey on Friday at the Bukulmez village of Reyhanli town of the southern province of Hatay.
Among those Syrians were 2 generals, 13 colonels, 6 lieutenant colonels, 3 majors, 2 captains and 2 first lieutenants.
The Syrians were taken to the Apaydin Camp of Turkey.
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Liberty Media Drops Sirius Bid
- Obama's Overtime Initiative Praised, Condemned
- Uli Hoeness, Bayern Munich President, Gets Prison for Tax Evasion
- Republicans Warn Obama on Immigration
- Lady Gaga Roasts Self on Spit at SXSW
- West Readies Harsh Sanctions Against Russia
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- Drake Wins Big MTV's Woodie Awards at SXSW