Text of report in English by the Turkish state-funded news agency
Anadolu (also known as Anatolia)
Sixty-eight Syrians, including two generals and their family members, defected from Syria to Turkey on Friday [4 January].
Sources said that 68 Syrian nationals entered Turkey on Friday at the Bukulmez village of Reyhanli town of the southern province of Hatay.
Among those Syrians were 2 generals, 13 colonels, 6 lieutenant colonels, 3 majors, 2 captains and 2 first lieutenants.
The Syrians were taken to the Apaydin Camp of Turkey.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women