Text of report in English by the Turkish state-funded news agency
Anadolu (also known as Anatolia)
Sixty-eight Syrians, including two generals and their family members, defected from Syria to Turkey on Friday [4 January].
Sources said that 68 Syrian nationals entered Turkey on Friday at the Bukulmez village of Reyhanli town of the southern province of Hatay.
Among those Syrians were 2 generals, 13 colonels, 6 lieutenant colonels, 3 majors, 2 captains and 2 first lieutenants.
The Syrians were taken to the Apaydin Camp of Turkey.
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say