Text of report in English by the Turkish state-funded news agency
Anadolu (also known as Anatolia)
Sixty-eight Syrians, including two generals and their family members, defected from Syria to Turkey on Friday [4 January].
Sources said that 68 Syrian nationals entered Turkey on Friday at the Bukulmez village of Reyhanli town of the southern province of Hatay.
Among those Syrians were 2 generals, 13 colonels, 6 lieutenant colonels, 3 majors, 2 captains and 2 first lieutenants.
The Syrians were taken to the Apaydin Camp of Turkey.
Most Popular Stories
- American Airlines, US Airways Complete Merger
- ACA Delay Stresses Small Businesses
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- Unemployed Wait as Lawmakers Debate
- Harley Issues Motorcycle Recall
- General Dynamics Plans 200 New Jobs in N.M.
- Auto Dealer Builds Big Solar Project
- Entrepreneurs' Next Creation May Be New Laws
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts