Text of report in English by the Turkish state-funded news agency
Anadolu (also known as Anatolia)
Sixty-eight Syrians, including two generals and their family members, defected from Syria to Turkey on Friday [4 January].
Sources said that 68 Syrian nationals entered Turkey on Friday at the Bukulmez village of Reyhanli town of the southern province of Hatay.
Among those Syrians were 2 generals, 13 colonels, 6 lieutenant colonels, 3 majors, 2 captains and 2 first lieutenants.
The Syrians were taken to the Apaydin Camp of Turkey.
Most Popular Stories
- Islamic State Obliterating Cultural Landmarks in Mosul
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- Boehner Says Impeachment Talk Is Democrat Scam
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- RV Sales See Highest Increase Post Great Recession
- Report: China to Declare Qualcomm a Monopoly
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply
- You're So Vain: Microsoft to Launch First 'Selfie Phone'
- Anarchy, Chaos Sweep Across Libya