A woman died from her injuries two days after she was shot, and her husband has been charged in her death.
The Henry County (Va.) Sheriff's Office said Linda Sue Mitchell was shot Tuesday night at her home at 224 Bittersweet Drive. She died today at Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center in Winston-Salem.
David Leon Mitchell, 64, was later charged with aggravated malicious wounding and the use of a firearm in the commission of a felony.
He remains in the Henry County, Va., jail without bond.
The sheriff's office gave no possible motive in the shooting.
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Why the Bond Market Isn't as Safe as You Think
- Royals Beat A's in 12-inning Wild Card Thriller
- Lexus Luxury Compact Sedan Wins Buyers
- Construction Spending Down Again for August
- What to Look for in Mich. Jobs Market
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment
- Obama Seeks Traction From Economic Recovery
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry