A woman died from her injuries two days after she was shot, and her husband has been charged in her death.
The Henry County (Va.) Sheriff's Office said Linda Sue Mitchell was shot Tuesday night at her home at 224 Bittersweet Drive. She died today at Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center in Winston-Salem.
David Leon Mitchell, 64, was later charged with aggravated malicious wounding and the use of a firearm in the commission of a felony.
He remains in the Henry County, Va., jail without bond.
The sheriff's office gave no possible motive in the shooting.
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- American Airlines, US Airways Complete Merger
- ACA Delay Stresses Small Businesses
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- Unemployed Wait as Lawmakers Debate
- Harley Issues Motorcycle Recall
- General Dynamics Plans 200 New Jobs in N.M.
- Auto Dealer Builds Big Solar Project
- Entrepreneurs' Next Creation May Be New Laws
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts