A woman died from her injuries two days after she was shot, and her husband has been charged in her death.
The Henry County (Va.) Sheriff's Office said Linda Sue Mitchell was shot Tuesday night at her home at 224 Bittersweet Drive. She died today at Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center in Winston-Salem.
David Leon Mitchell, 64, was later charged with aggravated malicious wounding and the use of a firearm in the commission of a felony.
He remains in the Henry County, Va., jail without bond.
The sheriff's office gave no possible motive in the shooting.
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Georgia GOP Preaches Minority Outreach
- GM Joins Nissan to Supply Small Cargo Vehicle
- Ford's Supplier Diversity Program Turns 35
- Ford Trucks See Boost as Roadshow Reaches Saudi Arabia
- Kerry Concerned Over Blasphemy Laws, Anti-Semitism
- GM to Rejoin S&P 500, Akerson Says
- Ladies in White Group Needs Help From Abroad
- NTSB Wants to Lower Blood Alcohol Limit to 0.05