A woman died from her injuries two days after she was shot, and her husband has been charged in her death.
The Henry County (Va.) Sheriff's Office said Linda Sue Mitchell was shot Tuesday night at her home at 224 Bittersweet Drive. She died today at Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center in Winston-Salem.
David Leon Mitchell, 64, was later charged with aggravated malicious wounding and the use of a firearm in the commission of a felony.
He remains in the Henry County, Va., jail without bond.
The sheriff's office gave no possible motive in the shooting.
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Castro-Blanco Joins Fifth Street Finance Board
- Ballmer Steps Down From Microsoft Board
- HTC Makes Windows Version of Flagship One Phone
- Uber Hires Obama Campaign Manager David Plouffe
- Eric Holder Bringing Civil Rights Reminders to Ferguson
- Rising Freight Prices Signal Global Recovery
- Bob Marley Musical to Make Premiere in Baltimore
- Russia Claims Ukraine Leaders Are Satanists, Jews or Maybe Even Scientologists
- Sprint Cancels Framily, Rolls Out New Data Pricing Plan