A woman died from her injuries two days after she was shot, and her husband has been charged in her death.
The Henry County (Va.) Sheriff's Office said Linda Sue Mitchell was shot Tuesday night at her home at 224 Bittersweet Drive. She died today at Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center in Winston-Salem.
David Leon Mitchell, 64, was later charged with aggravated malicious wounding and the use of a firearm in the commission of a felony.
He remains in the Henry County, Va., jail without bond.
The sheriff's office gave no possible motive in the shooting.
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Navarro Celebrates 2 Years of Vida Mia
- Federal Gov't Deficit Continues to Decline
- Ukraine Loan Delayed While Congress Goes on Vacation
- Herbalife Puts Off Meeting for Icahn Talks
- Ukraine Moves Closer to Joining E.U.
- Venezuela Death Toll Reaches 28
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- Russia Holds Large Military Drills in South