TORONTO, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 01/31/13 -- Daniel Schlaepfer, President of True North Vantage Inc., today announced the commencement of legal proceedings in the Ontario Superior Court of Justice against JitneyTrade Inc. and Oscar Ribeiro.
In addition to seeking an injunction restraining the defendants from using its confidential information, True North Vantage seeks $52,700,000 in damages for conversion and conspiracy to damage its economic and contractual interests, and a further $500,000 in punitive and exemplary damages.
True North Vantage recently acquired the Canadian-based trading business of a former client of JitneyTrade. JitneyTrade, an IIROC member firm registered with the OSC and AMF, and Mr. Ribeiro are alleged to have conspired together to misappropriate True North Vantage's confidential information.
True North Vantage and its parent company, Select Vantage Inc., are funds specializing in intra-day trading strategies.
True North Vantage Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Mark Sanchez Suddenly a Hot QB Commodity
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- American Killed With ISIS Fighters in Syria
- Surf's Up! SoCal Prepares for Big Storm Surf
- Ford Hires 300 at Louisville Lincoln Plant