TORONTO, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 01/31/13 -- Daniel Schlaepfer, President of True North Vantage Inc., today announced the commencement of legal proceedings in the Ontario Superior Court of Justice against JitneyTrade Inc. and Oscar Ribeiro.
In addition to seeking an injunction restraining the defendants from using its confidential information, True North Vantage seeks $52,700,000 in damages for conversion and conspiracy to damage its economic and contractual interests, and a further $500,000 in punitive and exemplary damages.
True North Vantage recently acquired the Canadian-based trading business of a former client of JitneyTrade. JitneyTrade, an IIROC member firm registered with the OSC and AMF, and Mr. Ribeiro are alleged to have conspired together to misappropriate True North Vantage's confidential information.
True North Vantage and its parent company, Select Vantage Inc., are funds specializing in intra-day trading strategies.
True North Vantage Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Yellen Remarks, Market Data Give Stocks a Boost
- Brands Get Caught in Bitter-Tweet Traps
- Michael Bloomberg Takes Aim at the NRA
- U.S. Job Market Still Needs Fed Stimulus: Yellen
- Dems in Energy States Back Away From Obama
- Is This Job Too Good to Be True?
- Man Arrested After Driving Stolen Car to Court Hearing
- Cuba Publishes Text of Foreign Investment Law