The Syrian Foreign Ministry summoned Thursday the
chief of the United Nations Disengagement Observer Force (UNDOF)
in the Golan Heights, Iqbal Sangha, over an alleged Israeli airstrike
on a military research facility near Damascus.
"Syria has handed an official complaint to the UN regarding the Israeli violation of the 1974 disengagement agreement," the state news agency SANA reported.
UNDOF supervises the ceasefire on the Israel-Syria border.
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- Sales Show Samsung Needs Next Big Thing
- Boehner Says No to Palin's Call for Impeachment
- IBM Investing $3 Billion in Chip Research
- Kerry Calls for Calm in Gaza
- Judge Strikes Down Colo. Gay Marriage Ban
- U.S. Wholesalers Cut Stockpiles as Sales Weaken
- Boeing Raises Forecast on Plane Demand
- UAW Will Take Another Swing at VW Chattanooga
- N.D. Pipeline Cleanup Could Take Weeks