The Syrian Foreign Ministry summoned Thursday the
chief of the United Nations Disengagement Observer Force (UNDOF)
in the Golan Heights, Iqbal Sangha, over an alleged Israeli airstrike
on a military research facility near Damascus.
"Syria has handed an official complaint to the UN regarding the Israeli violation of the 1974 disengagement agreement," the state news agency SANA reported.
UNDOF supervises the ceasefire on the Israel-Syria border.
Most Popular Stories
- Accenture Gets 8 Percent Bump in Q1
- Alex Kinsey, Sierra Deaton Crowned 'X-Factor' Champs
- Insurance Rule Change Angers Industry
- Renewable Energy Group to Acquire Syntroleum
- Time No Longer Stands Still for Cuban Entrepreneurs
- Revised GDP Up 4.1 Percent in 3rd Quarter
- Obama Opens Last-Minute Loophole in Insurance Law
- Brian Boitano Announces That He Is Gay
- Obama's Dad Was Abusive Drunk, Half Brother Says
- Little Risk of Deportation Under Obama