The Syrian Foreign Ministry summoned Thursday the
chief of the United Nations Disengagement Observer Force (UNDOF)
in the Golan Heights, Iqbal Sangha, over an alleged Israeli airstrike
on a military research facility near Damascus.
"Syria has handed an official complaint to the UN regarding the Israeli violation of the 1974 disengagement agreement," the state news agency SANA reported.
UNDOF supervises the ceasefire on the Israel-Syria border.
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- Iran Digs in on Underground Nuclear Site
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- Chrysler and Google Launch Virtual Plant Tour
- Existing Home Sales in U.S. Fell in August
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- Investors Fret Yahoo's Future, Stock Dips
- NSHMBA to Rebrand With New Name, Logo
- Perry Wants to Skip Court for Foreign Trip
- Hispanic Designer Honored As Rising Star