OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 01/31/13 -- The Honourable Vic Toews, Minister of Public Safety, commended the efforts of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) following their announcement in Winnipeg today of the arrest of 11 people and a significant seizure of cocaine, synthetic drugs and illegal firearms.
"Our government commends the efforts of the RCMP and its partners for its unwavering commitment in conducting the long term investigation that led to these arrests in connection with illegal drugs and firearms," said Minister Toews. "The harmful effects of illicit drugs on individuals, families and communities cannot be emphasized enough. The production and trafficking of illicit drugs is one of the root causes of violent crime.
Our Government will continue to work with domestic and international partners to address the global drug problem. We are committed to fighting organized crime and protecting Canadians so that our communities are safe places for people to live, raise their families and do business."
For more information, please consult the RCMP website www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca
Follow Public Safety Canada (@Safety_Canada) on Twitter.
Public Safety Canada
Most Popular Stories
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- Kanye West 'SNL Speech' Renounces Celebrity Status
- Financial Times Twitter, Email Hacked
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Return of Khan?
- Apple's iPhones, iPads Approved for Military Use, Sir Yes Sir!
- RFD-TV launches on Charter Cable
- Manila's Hollywood Week
- Jolie Mastectomy Raises Legal Questions
- Under the alien ; Tulsa native Heather Langenkamp talks about how she got a part in the new "Star Trek" film.