Supermercado Morelo's, Moore's first Hispanic grocery store, at 621 N. Moore Ave., will host a grand opening celebration from noon to 4 p.m. Saturday, with special events and give-aways on the agenda. The event is free.
A mariachi band will perform from noon to 1 p.m., and a DJ will be on site. Food and drink vendors will offer samples for the public, and a barbecue grill will be set up in the parking lot in front of the store for those who would like to sample meat items from the on-site butcher shop.
Morelo's, at the New City Center Shopping Center off Interstate 35 between Fifth and Eighth streets, carries Hispanic food items and products but also stocks traditional food, produce, dairy and staple items found in mainstream grocery stores at competitive price points.
Supermercado Morelo's has a full-service meat department, an in-store bakery and a deli offering breakfast, lunch and dinner items cooked from the owner's authentic family recipes. Tables are available for in-store dining.
Morelo's is open from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. seven days each week.
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Facebook, Twitter Announce Apps for Google Glass
- Will Yahoo Splurge on $1-Billion acquisition of Tumblr?
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Return of Khan?
- Google Fiber Making an Impact
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- Exciting Night for UFC Fans
- Teen Drivers Should Be Prepared for Any Car-Related Situation
- Summer Movies Aimed at Young Men, Teen Boys
- Financial Times Twitter, Email Hacked