George Zimmerman attorney Mark O'Mara says he can't possibly be ready for trial in June, and today filed court paperwork asking for a delay.
Prosecutors say Zimmerman profiled, pursued and killed 17-year-old Trayon Martin on Feb. 26 in Sanford. Zimmerman says he fired in self-defense.
Circuit Judge Debra S. Nelson will likely hear argument on the delay request on Tuesday, when attorneys for both sides will be in court to argue over a variety of issues.
Zimmerman is charged with second-degree murder.
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- Rand Paul Tops Presidential Straw Poll at Conservative PAC Conference
- Tesla's Alt-Energy Future Aims for Massive Lithium-Ion Battery Production
- New Chat App, Yik Yak, Causes Problems for Students
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- Gas Prices May Jump from Calif. Emissions Law
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- Obama Meets with Ukraine Prime Minister Wednesday