George Zimmerman attorney Mark O'Mara says he can't possibly be ready for trial in June, and today filed court paperwork asking for a delay.
Prosecutors say Zimmerman profiled, pursued and killed 17-year-old Trayon Martin on Feb. 26 in Sanford. Zimmerman says he fired in self-defense.
Circuit Judge Debra S. Nelson will likely hear argument on the delay request on Tuesday, when attorneys for both sides will be in court to argue over a variety of issues.
Zimmerman is charged with second-degree murder.
Most Popular Stories
- Islamic State Obliterating Cultural Landmarks in Mosul
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- Boehner Says Impeachment Talk Is Democrat Scam
- You're So Vain: Microsoft to Launch First 'Selfie Phone'
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- RV Sales See Highest Increase Post Great Recession
- U.S. Home Price Gains Slow for 6th Month in a Row
- Report: China to Declare Qualcomm a Monopoly
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply