George Zimmerman attorney Mark O'Mara says he can't possibly be ready for trial in June, and today filed court paperwork asking for a delay.
Prosecutors say Zimmerman profiled, pursued and killed 17-year-old Trayon Martin on Feb. 26 in Sanford. Zimmerman says he fired in self-defense.
Circuit Judge Debra S. Nelson will likely hear argument on the delay request on Tuesday, when attorneys for both sides will be in court to argue over a variety of issues.
Zimmerman is charged with second-degree murder.
Most Popular Stories
- Updates on Everglades' Stranded Pilot Whales
- Stolen Cobalt-60 Recovered in Mexico
- Hezbollah Chief's Assassination Claimed by Sunni Group
- Allstate Seeks to Invest in Minority Firms
- Sarmiento to Handle Greeley Latin Ops
- Wind Power and Wildlife Can Coexist
- First-time Jobless Claims Drop Below 300,000
- White House Pushes to Extend Unemployment Benefits
- Ford Mustang Still Packs Power
- Elizabeth Warren Ends 2016 Presidential Rumors