ST. LOUIS, Jan. 31, 2013 /PRNewswire-HISPANIC PR WIRE/ -- Bud Light, official sponsor of the Men's Mexican National Soccer Team (MNT), is donating $100,000 to the Hispanic Scholarship Fund (HSF) to commemorate the team's five-city American tour and make the dream of a college education a reality for Hispanics across this country. The donation, to be divided equally in the five states where the MNT will play the friendlies, is part of Bud Light's long partnership with HSF. The initiative kicked off last night at the Mexico vs. Denmark game in Phoenix, Arizona, where the first $20,000 check was presented to HSF by Bud Light representatives as part of the pre-game activities.
"Bud Light is committed to supporting organizations like the Hispanic Scholarship Fund that touch the lives of so many Latinos in the U.S.," said Bernardo Meza, Director of Multicultural Marketing for Bud Light. "We are happy to commemorate our MNT sponsorship in a way that also benefits the community at large."
"The Hispanic Scholarship Fund is dedicated to providing Latino families with the financial and educational resources they need to achieve a college education and with Bud Light's help, we are able to live up to our commitment," said Fidel Vargas, President and CEO of the Hispanic Scholarship Fund.
Anheuser-Busch is proud to be an HSF partner, having donated 25 million dollars in scholarships, impacting the lives of more than 24,000 Latinos across the country.
Based in St. Louis, Anheuser-Busch is the leading American brewer, holding a 47.7 percent share of U.S. beer sales to retailers. The company brews Budweiser and Bud Light, two of the world's largest-selling beers. Anheuser-Busch is a major manufacturer of aluminum cans and has been a leading aluminum recycler for more than 30 years. The company is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Anheuser-Busch InBev, the leading global brewer, and continues to operate under the Anheuser-Busch name and logo. For more information, visit www.anheuser-busch.com.
SOURCE Bud Light
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women