POMONA, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/30/13 -- Western University of Health Sciences College of Pharmacy is proud to announce that its accreditation has been extended eight years, through June 2021. Eight years is the maximum term for an accreditation cycle. WesternU's Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (www.acpe-accredit.org).
College of Pharmacy Dean Daniel Robinson, PharmD, FASHP, thanked all those who participated in the self-study and the very successful October 2012 accreditation visit.
"We are very excited and proud of our full eight-year accreditation," he said. "Preparation was an 18-month process that involved all of our faculty and staff, and many of our students. We have an amazing team that rallied behind our accreditation credo, 'Nothing less than eight.' We owe a special thanks to Drs. Sunil Prabhu and Wallace Murray for their leadership roles in orchestrating our campus efforts."
Accreditation for the College's Continuing Pharmacy Education Program also has been extended, through January 2019. Six years is the maximum term for CE accreditation. More information about the College of Pharmacy's continuing education can be found under Outreach & Events: education">http://www.westernu.edu/pharmacy-continuing-education.
The College of Pharmacy, founded in 1996, has 485 students enrolled in its four-year Doctor of Pharmacy program.
About Western University of Health Sciences
Western University of Health Sciences (www.westernu.edu), located in Pomona, Calif. and Lebanon, Ore., is an independent nonprofit health professions university, conferring degrees in biomedical sciences, dental medicine, health sciences, medical sciences, nursing, optometry, osteopathic medicine, pharmacy, physical therapy, physician assistant studies, podiatric medicine and veterinary medicine. The Chronicle of Higher Education named WesternU a 2012 Great College to Work For.
Add to Digg Bookmark with del.icio.us Add to Newsvine
Office: (909) 469-5402
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- Starbucks Gets Grinchy; No Gingerbread Lattes for Tampa Customers
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief
- Jobs Report Brings Cheer As Unemployment Drops to Five-year Low