TORONTO, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 01/30/13 -- The Fraser Institute will release a new report examining the state of Ontario's debt and deficits on Thursday, January 31 at 6:30 a.m. (Eastern).
The study, The State of Ontario's Indebtedness, looks at Ontario's deficit and debt from three perspectives: a comparison to California and its debt load, the future of Ontario's debt if current spending trends continue, and a comparison of Ontario's debt load and spending outlook to that of Greece. Combined, the three chapters detail the extent of the problem facing Ontario and paint a cautionary tale of what could happen if the Ontario government delays taking action.
Authors of the report include Fraser Institute economists Jason Clemens and Niels Veldhuis, University of Calgary economist Ron Kneebone, and Lakehead University economist Livio Di Matteo.
A news release with additional information will be issued via Marketwire at 6:30 a.m. (Eastern) on Thursday, January 31.
The full report will also be available as a free PDF download at www.fraserinstitute.org.
NOTE: Niels Veldhuis, Fraser Institute president, will be in Toronto and available for media interviews on January 31.
Follow the Fraser Institute on Twitter
Like us on Facebook
The Fraser Institute is an independent Canadian public policy research and educational organization with offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, and Montreal and ties to a global network of 86 think-tanks. Its mission is to measure, study, and communicate the impact of competitive markets and government intervention on the welfare of individuals. To protect the Institute's independence, it does not accept grants from governments or contracts for research. Visit www.fraserinstitute.org.
Add to Digg Bookmark with del.icio.us Add to Newsvine
(416) 363-6575; ext 546
Director of Communications
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women