TORONTO, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 01/30/13 -- The Fraser Institute will release a new report examining the state of Ontario's debt and deficits on Thursday, January 31 at 6:30 a.m. (Eastern).
The study, The State of Ontario's Indebtedness, looks at Ontario's deficit and debt from three perspectives: a comparison to California and its debt load, the future of Ontario's debt if current spending trends continue, and a comparison of Ontario's debt load and spending outlook to that of Greece. Combined, the three chapters detail the extent of the problem facing Ontario and paint a cautionary tale of what could happen if the Ontario government delays taking action.
Authors of the report include Fraser Institute economists Jason Clemens and Niels Veldhuis, University of Calgary economist Ron Kneebone, and Lakehead University economist Livio Di Matteo.
A news release with additional information will be issued via Marketwire at 6:30 a.m. (Eastern) on Thursday, January 31.
The full report will also be available as a free PDF download at www.fraserinstitute.org.
NOTE: Niels Veldhuis, Fraser Institute president, will be in Toronto and available for media interviews on January 31.
Follow the Fraser Institute on Twitter
Like us on Facebook
The Fraser Institute is an independent Canadian public policy research and educational organization with offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, and Montreal and ties to a global network of 86 think-tanks. Its mission is to measure, study, and communicate the impact of competitive markets and government intervention on the welfare of individuals. To protect the Institute's independence, it does not accept grants from governments or contracts for research. Visit www.fraserinstitute.org.
Add to Digg Bookmark with del.icio.us Add to Newsvine
(416) 363-6575; ext 546
Director of Communications
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- Obama Seeks to Stay Neutral in CIA-Senate Conflict
- GM Recall Poses First Major Test for New CEO