Singer Taylor Swift has signed on as the new face of Diet Coke.
"Taylor's unmatched business savvy, talent and drive to succeed are an inspiration to everyone. She's an extraordinary individual and a wonderful symbol of achievement," Katie Bayne, president of North America brands for The Coca-Cola Co., said in a statement Monday, according to United Press International. "Taylor tells us that every day Diet Coke plays a small part in helping her stay extraordinary. It's one of the many reasons she's the ideal partner to represent our brand."
I wanted to share some news with you because we're actually making it official with one of the great loves of my life," Taylor says in a new video, then holds up a Diet Coke. "I wanted to tell you guys first. We've been in conversation about this partnership that is going to include so many fun things having to do with the tour, having to do with Diet Cokle in general, behind the scenes of a commercial shoot and your backstage pass for all of this is Diet Coke's Facebook Page."
There it is. Tay Tay says log onto Diet Coke's Facebook page. Find it here.
The Facebook page already has Swift's photo splashed as its cover photo, and 1.9 million "likes."
Watch Swift's video announcement below:
Most Popular Stories
- Scholarships Offered for Hispanic Heritage Month
- Boeing Succeeds in Early Wooing of China Airline Startups
- Latin America Seeks Ways to Add Value to China Exports
- EU Finance Ministers Discuss Investment Plan
- Steve Ballmer Files Six-Figure Counterclaim vs. Steve Gordon
- IS Releases New Beheading Video
- Detroit Bankruptcy: Pivotal Progress in Trial's Second Week
- Will Apple's Digital Wallet Conquer the Card Swipe?
- Apple Reportedly Spent $100MM for Free U2 Album from iTunes
- Olive Garden's Breadsticks Targeted by Activist Investor