Singer Taylor Swift has signed on as the new face of Diet Coke.
"Taylor's unmatched business savvy, talent and drive to succeed are an inspiration to everyone. She's an extraordinary individual and a wonderful symbol of achievement," Katie Bayne, president of North America brands for The Coca-Cola Co., said in a statement Monday, according to United Press International. "Taylor tells us that every day Diet Coke plays a small part in helping her stay extraordinary. It's one of the many reasons she's the ideal partner to represent our brand."
I wanted to share some news with you because we're actually making it official with one of the great loves of my life," Taylor says in a new video, then holds up a Diet Coke. "I wanted to tell you guys first. We've been in conversation about this partnership that is going to include so many fun things having to do with the tour, having to do with Diet Cokle in general, behind the scenes of a commercial shoot and your backstage pass for all of this is Diet Coke's Facebook Page."
There it is. Tay Tay says log onto Diet Coke's Facebook page. Find it here.
The Facebook page already has Swift's photo splashed as its cover photo, and 1.9 million "likes."
Watch Swift's video announcement below:
Most Popular Stories
- SAC Capital Employee Guilty of Insider Trading
- The Illuminati Don't Exist, Just Ask Them
- Senate Sends Bipartisan Budget Plan to President
- Singer Ian Watkins Sentenced to 35 Years Prison for Child Sex Abuse
- Universal CityWalk Rings in 2014 with Southern California's Biggest New Year's Eve Party, Featuring Dazzling Fireworks Displays, Three Live Concert Stages, DJ Performances and a Midnight Cascade of 1,000 Pounds of Confetti
- Brothel Write-offs Cost Taxpayers Millions, Coburn Says
- Joaquin Phoenix Reboots in 'Her'
- Fed Signals Strong Confidence in U.S. Economy
- GLAAD Denounces 'Duck Dynasty' Star for Remarks About Gays
- 'Beyonce' Tops the U.S. Album Chart