Singer Taylor Swift has signed on as the new face of Diet Coke.
"Taylor's unmatched business savvy, talent and drive to succeed are an inspiration to everyone. She's an extraordinary individual and a wonderful symbol of achievement," Katie Bayne, president of North America brands for The Coca-Cola Co., said in a statement Monday, according to United Press International. "Taylor tells us that every day Diet Coke plays a small part in helping her stay extraordinary. It's one of the many reasons she's the ideal partner to represent our brand."
I wanted to share some news with you because we're actually making it official with one of the great loves of my life," Taylor says in a new video, then holds up a Diet Coke. "I wanted to tell you guys first. We've been in conversation about this partnership that is going to include so many fun things having to do with the tour, having to do with Diet Cokle in general, behind the scenes of a commercial shoot and your backstage pass for all of this is Diet Coke's Facebook Page."
There it is. Tay Tay says log onto Diet Coke's Facebook page. Find it here.
The Facebook page already has Swift's photo splashed as its cover photo, and 1.9 million "likes."
Watch Swift's video announcement below:
Most Popular Stories
- Tablets, Cars Drive AT&T Gains
- 2015 Mazda MX-5 Miata Is Fast and Eager
- Small Businesses Add 3 More Worries to Their List
- DOMA Tech Adding Jobs to Process VA Claims
- Apple Warns of China iCloud Attack
- Job Hunting Is Hard Work
- Tech Firms Flock to LA's 'Silicon Beach'
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week
- Ford, GM Expect to Report Strong Profits
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists