Singer Taylor Swift has signed on as the new face of Diet Coke.
"Taylor's unmatched business savvy, talent and drive to succeed are an inspiration to everyone. She's an extraordinary individual and a wonderful symbol of achievement," Katie Bayne, president of North America brands for The Coca-Cola Co., said in a statement Monday, according to United Press International. "Taylor tells us that every day Diet Coke plays a small part in helping her stay extraordinary. It's one of the many reasons she's the ideal partner to represent our brand."
I wanted to share some news with you because we're actually making it official with one of the great loves of my life," Taylor says in a new video, then holds up a Diet Coke. "I wanted to tell you guys first. We've been in conversation about this partnership that is going to include so many fun things having to do with the tour, having to do with Diet Cokle in general, behind the scenes of a commercial shoot and your backstage pass for all of this is Diet Coke's Facebook Page."
There it is. Tay Tay says log onto Diet Coke's Facebook page. Find it here.
The Facebook page already has Swift's photo splashed as its cover photo, and 1.9 million "likes."
Watch Swift's video announcement below:
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Apple to Unveil New Items on Sept. 9
- Janet Yellen's Assets Grew by 8 Percent in 2013
- Friends Followed Similar Paths to Violent Jihad
- Obama Puts Ukraine Violence on Russia
- California Moves Toward Ban on Plastic Bags
- Hillary Clinton Breaks Silence on Ferguson
- Petit Retires 46 Batters in a Row, MLB Record
- Identity Thieves Prey on Job Seekers
- Garcia Takes a Long Shot at McCarthy