ANN ARBOR, MI -- (Marketwire) -- 01/30/13 -- Tangent Medical (www.tangentmedical.com), an innovator in IV therapy products and creator of the NovaCath Integrated IV Catheter System, has been named the Most Innovative Company at the 2013 Business Excellence Awards announced recently by ActionCOACH, a leading business coaching firm sponsoring the award event.
The award was presented on January 25, 2013, during the Business Excellence Awards ceremony held in Las Vegas. The Business Excellence Awards honor the "best of the best" results in small and medium sized businesses from around the world, and showcase exceptional results for business owners, entrepreneurs, their teams and their companies. These awards honored the accomplishments, achievements, value and contributions of small businesses and their owners worldwide. Tangent Medical was among more than 400 companies participating in the event this year.
"Over the last 9 months, we have received a significant level of positive feedback and recognition from within the healthcare industry. It's an honor to have a third-party business organization recognize the potential of this product," said Tangent Medical CEO Jeff Williams. "The category included companies from the food, entertainment, electronics, web development, software, health and wellness and medical device industries. Our ability to develop such a novel product, the speed to which we have moved from concept to commercialization, and the obvious impact it will have on both patients and healthcare workers all contributed to our winning this award. Our team is excited about the progress we've made and the upcoming launch of the NovaCath product."
Tangent Medical was named in December as a Finalist in the Business Excellence Awards as a result of its higher than average scores during preliminary judging for Most Innovative Company. The company's Finalist designation and ultimate Winner status is a significant achievement, and means that independent judges agreed that the company is worthy of national recognition.
About Tangent Medical
Tangent Medical is focused on the development and commercialization of IV therapy products. Founded in 2009 as a spin-out of the University of Michigan, the company's patented NovaCath Integrated IV Catheter System is the only safety IV catheter to cost-effectively combine advanced catheter stabilization, passive needle encapsulation, tubing management and blood control. Based on extensive clinical research into the needs of both healthcare workers and patients, this next-generation system is designed to establish a new standard in catheter design, functionality and performance. For more information, visit www.tangentmedical.com.
Eye-To-Eye Communications, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- Schedule packed with talent at the Fox
- Promoter McLean 'provided more musical joy than Dylan and Prince combined'
- SET PHASERS TO DUMB Spock emotional and in love? Nonstop explosions? The highly illogical enterprise of J.J. Abrams' 'Star Trek'
- Emirati announces new film project at Cannes
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- SINCE YOU ASKED [Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (PA)]
- The Blade, Toledo, Ohio, TK Barger column
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- Detroit Free Press Julie Hinds column