NEW YORK, NY -- (Marketwire) -- 01/30/13 -- Bioengineer, Sleep Apnea Expert and Zyppah Inc. Founder Dr. Jonathan Greenburg and Super Bowl XXXVII Champion Warren Sapp have joined together to raise global awareness about the importance of getting tested and treated for snoring and obstructive sleep apnea. The global awareness health initiative, Sleep Apnea Prevention Project (S.A.P.P.), released the first video segment of a documentary of Sapp undergoing sleep apnea testing and treatment.
In January, Sapp was tested and diagnosed with obstructive sleep apnea. Through the video, viewers will gain exclusive access to the real-life experiences of the sports legend as he embarks upon a personal journey to understand the root cause of sleep apnea and the importance of getting tested. Viewers can watch Sapp as he undergoes testing and learns about the treatment options available to cure his sleep apnea.
The purpose of the S.A.P.P. is twofold:
1. GLOBAL AWARENESS: The project delivers an impactful message to the media, medical community and the millions who think of snoring as a nuisance. It illustrates how snoring, a warning sign of a more serious medical issue, is closely linked to Sleep Apnea. It also explains how untreated sleep apnea leads to serious health risks like stroke, heart disease, high blood pressure, Alzheimer's and cancer.
2. PATIENT EDUCATION: The project provides a clear message explaining the root cause of snoring and sleep apnea. The documentary illustrates medical advances that make it more convenient to get tested and treated. It compares the patient experience and results of the home sleep test to those conducted in sleep labs. It explains the various treatments available (surgery, CPAP and oral appliances) and how these methods work to cure sleep apnea.
It is estimated that over 100 million people worldwide have sleep apnea and 80% are undiagnosed. Delivering the message that early detection and treatment of sleep apnea can extend and save lives is the goal of S.A.P.P. For more information and links to the video, follow Warren Sapp on Twitter @WarrenSapp or visit www.ZyppahPRO.com.
Add to Digg Bookmark with del.icio.us Add to Newsvine
Lisa Elia PR
email: Email Contact
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- Sales Show Samsung Needs Next Big Thing
- Judge Strikes Down Colo. Gay Marriage Ban
- Boehner Says No to Palin's Call for Impeachment
- FOMC Minutes From June 17 Meeting: Full Text
- Libyan Production Pushes Brent Crude Below $109
- U.K. Girds for Nationwide Strike
- Warren G. Harding's Spicy Love Letters to Be Released
- Is Eva Mendes Pregnant With Ryan Gosling's Baby?
- UTEP Students Tapped to Test Lunar Dust Device