OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 01/30/13 -- The Flight Safety Investigative Report and Epilogue of the fatal air accident involving the Griffon helicopter CH146434 that occurred on July 6, 2009, near Kandahar Air Field, is now available on the Air Force Directorate of Flight Safety website.
The Flight Safety Investigative Report describes factual data and includes a comprehensive analysis of all factors associated with this accident. It presents findings discovered during the investigation as well as the preventive measures that have been taken since the accident.
Flight Safety investigations are conducted to determine the causes of accidents so measures can be put in place to prevent a recurrence. In the present instance, several corrective actions have been implemented and completed. Additionally, the Canadian Armed Forces will continue working with Directorate of Flight Safety to proactively implement preventative measures that will help ensure that all aspects of aviation operations in environments like Afghanistan are as safe and effective as possible.
Note to Editors / News Directors:
The Flight Safety Investigative Report can be viewed at the Directorate of Flight Safety web site as follows:
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder