OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 01/30/13 -- The Flight Safety Investigative Report and Epilogue of the fatal air accident involving the Griffon helicopter CH146434 that occurred on July 6, 2009, near Kandahar Air Field, is now available on the Air Force Directorate of Flight Safety website.
The Flight Safety Investigative Report describes factual data and includes a comprehensive analysis of all factors associated with this accident. It presents findings discovered during the investigation as well as the preventive measures that have been taken since the accident.
Flight Safety investigations are conducted to determine the causes of accidents so measures can be put in place to prevent a recurrence. In the present instance, several corrective actions have been implemented and completed. Additionally, the Canadian Armed Forces will continue working with Directorate of Flight Safety to proactively implement preventative measures that will help ensure that all aspects of aviation operations in environments like Afghanistan are as safe and effective as possible.
Note to Editors / News Directors:
The Flight Safety Investigative Report can be viewed at the Directorate of Flight Safety web site as follows:
Most Popular Stories
- Florida Warns Beach-goers About Flesh-eating Bacteria
- Sutherland Responds to 'Unprofessional' Jibe
- LivePro Is a Mobile Hot Spot, Projector in One
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- How to Fit Green Energy Into Your Portfolio
- U.S. Economy Grows at Fastest Pace in 10 Years
- Business Leaders Set for CHCC Convention
- Sanctions Will Hit Russia Hard if Not Lifted Quickly
- Is California Going to Land Tesla's Battery Plant?