WASHINGTON, DC -- (Marketwire) -- 01/30/13 -- Jim Brady, Editor-in-Chief, Digital First Media, was re-elected President at the Online News Association's January Board of Directors meeting. Brady, who is in his fourth term as a Board member, has held the offices of Treasurer and Vice President over the past three years, and has chaired or served on many key committees, including Legal Affairs and Strategy.
Joining Brady as officers of the organization are: Meredith Artley, Vice President & Managing Editor, CNN Digital, re-elected Vice President; Jody Brannon, Editor, Next America, The National Journal, and former Treasurer, now Secretary; and Josh Hatch, Senior Editor for Data and Interactives, Chronicle of Higher Education and chair of both the Online Journalism Awards and Legal Affairs Committee, newly elected Treasurer.
At Digital First Media, Brady oversees the 75 daily newspapers, 292 non-daily publications and 341 online sites that are owned by Journal Register Company and MediaNews Group. He also oversees DFM's Project Thunderdome, which is providing new products and services to its properties and centralizing the production of non-local content so that local papers can focus on their local communities.
"I truly appreciate the board's support in allowing me a second year as ONA's president," said Brady. "Last year was one in which we continued to expand the services we offer to our members, and we capped it off with a phenomenal ONA12 in San Francisco. I'm honored to get a front-row seat to watch how we'll evolve in 2013, led by ONA's amazing and expanded staff."
The Online News Association is the world's largest association of digital journalists. ONA's mission is to inspire innovation and excellence among journalists to better serve the public. The membership includes news writers, producers, designers, editors, bloggers, developers, photographers, educators, students and others who produce news for and support digital delivery systems. ONA also hosts the annual Online News Association conference and administers the Online Journalism Awards.
For more information, contact:
Communications & Social Media Manager
Most Popular Stories
- Schedule packed with talent at the Fox
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- Promoter McLean 'provided more musical joy than Dylan and Prince combined'
- Emirati announces new film project at Cannes
- The Blade, Toledo, Ohio, TK Barger column
- SINCE YOU ASKED [Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (PA)]
- SET PHASERS TO DUMB Spock emotional and in love? Nonstop explosions? The highly illogical enterprise of J.J. Abrams' 'Star Trek'
- Detroit Free Press Julie Hinds column