TORONTO, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 01/30/13 -- Clairvest Group Inc. (TSX: CVG) ("Clairvest"), Clairvest Equity Partners IV Limited Partnership and Clairvest Equity Partners IV-A Limited Partnership (collectively, "CEP IV") announced today that the waiting period under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Act, as amended, expired without the Federal Trade Commission taking any action. New Centaur, LLC ("Centaur") is now free to proceed with its bid to acquire Indiana Grand. This is the final regulatory step necessary for the transaction to occur as it had previously been approved by the Indiana Horse Racing Commission and Indiana Gaming Commission, subject to review of the final financing terms.
Centaur currently holds various gaming interests in Indiana including the Hoosier Park Racing & Casino which is located 35 miles northeast of Indianapolis in Anderson. The Indiana Grand property is located southeast of the city in Shelbyville, Indiana. Upon approval, Centaur intends to move swiftly to closing of the transaction, as soon as the company has finalized the operational integration plan, in coordination with Indiana Grand management and state regulatory bodies.
Clairvest Group Inc. is a private equity management firm which invests its own capital, and that of third parties through the Clairvest Equity Partners limited partnerships, in businesses that have the potential to generate superior returns. In addition to providing financing, Clairvest contributes strategic expertise and execution ability to support the growth and development of its investee partners. Clairvest realizes value through investment returns and the eventual disposition of its investments.
Clairvest Group Inc.
Director, Investor Relations and Marketing
(416) 925-5753 (FAX)
Most Popular Stories
- India Recognizes Transgender People as 'Third Gender'
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Michael Bloomberg Takes Aim at the NRA
- Brands Get Caught in Bitter-Tweet Traps
- Depp, Pfister Are Tech Philosophers
- U.S. Job Market Still Needs Fed Stimulus: Yellen
- U.S. Housing Starts up in March After Bitter Winter
- Man Arrested After Driving Stolen Car to Court Hearing
- Dems in Energy States Back Away From Obama