TORONTO, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 01/30/13 -- Clairvest Group Inc. (TSX: CVG) ("Clairvest"), Clairvest Equity Partners IV Limited Partnership and Clairvest Equity Partners IV-A Limited Partnership (collectively, "CEP IV") announced today that the waiting period under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Act, as amended, expired without the Federal Trade Commission taking any action. New Centaur, LLC ("Centaur") is now free to proceed with its bid to acquire Indiana Grand. This is the final regulatory step necessary for the transaction to occur as it had previously been approved by the Indiana Horse Racing Commission and Indiana Gaming Commission, subject to review of the final financing terms.
Centaur currently holds various gaming interests in Indiana including the Hoosier Park Racing & Casino which is located 35 miles northeast of Indianapolis in Anderson. The Indiana Grand property is located southeast of the city in Shelbyville, Indiana. Upon approval, Centaur intends to move swiftly to closing of the transaction, as soon as the company has finalized the operational integration plan, in coordination with Indiana Grand management and state regulatory bodies.
Clairvest Group Inc. is a private equity management firm which invests its own capital, and that of third parties through the Clairvest Equity Partners limited partnerships, in businesses that have the potential to generate superior returns. In addition to providing financing, Clairvest contributes strategic expertise and execution ability to support the growth and development of its investee partners. Clairvest realizes value through investment returns and the eventual disposition of its investments.
Clairvest Group Inc.
Director, Investor Relations and Marketing
(416) 925-5753 (FAX)
Most Popular Stories
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- Promoter McLean 'provided more musical joy than Dylan and Prince combined'
- Emirati announces new film project at Cannes
- Schedule packed with talent at the Fox
- SINCE YOU ASKED [Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (PA)]
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- SET PHASERS TO DUMB Spock emotional and in love? Nonstop explosions? The highly illogical enterprise of J.J. Abrams' 'Star Trek'
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- Contra Costa Times Chuck Barney column
- The News & Advance, Lynchburg, Va., Casey Gillis column