Florida's economy is expected to keep growing through 2013.
A Federal Reserve index that tries to predict state-by-state economic growth for the short term shows an expanding economy in the Sunshine State. The Philadelphia branch of the Fed issued its latest leading indices Thursday morning, and they look encouraging for most states.
Florida's economy should grow by about 1.7 percent during the next six months, the Fed says. That's the strongest growth predicted by the index since August 2005.
Most Popular Stories
- Congress Passes Law Promoting Transparency Reconstruction of Haiti
- Desktop, Laptop Setups Still King
- Four DC Comics Properties Brought to TV Get Comic-Con Event
- UFC Fight Night Sees Robbie Lawler Win Unanimous Decision
- Plan to Simplify 2015 Health Renewals May Backfire
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy ' Sequel Slated for 2017
- Execs Help Entrepreneurs, Get Chevy Volts
- Shania Twain's Vegas residency ending after 110 shows
- Google Confirms $1B Acquisition of Twitch.tv
- Demand for Fair Trade Brings Big Opportunity, Clear Conscience