'Argo' is a movie that keeps the audience on the edge of the seat.
The story begins with a short history of Iran, after which it moves on to protests held outside the American embassy in Iran.
While the protests go on, officials at the embassy are shown shredding confidential documents.
Demonstrations get out of hand, protesters get inside the American embassy and they take about 52 American diplomats hostage.
Six take the back door and get away and are then taken in by the Canadian ambassador.
The story is basically about how their escape plan is created and executed.
Ben Affleck, who directs the film and plays the role of Tony Mendis, a CIA operative who leads the rescue operation, portrays the character with the conviction and confidence it requires.
Other than Affleck, three other actors do justice to their respective roles: Jack O'Donnor, played by Bryan Cranston, Lester Segiel (producer of the fake movie Argo), played by Alan Arkin, and John Chambers (famous Hollywood make-up man), played by John Goodman.
The fact that the movie is based on a true story makes it even more interesting.
Overall, the movie is good, except for the fact that the American officials are shown weak when the protesters enter the embassy, which seems a bit odd; they just give in.
The only thing they are shown doing prior to being taken captive is make phone calls asking for help.
Still, the movie is worth watching, especially if one is into a little action with a slice of drama and mystery.
'Argo' is Affleck's third stint at the helm of a feature-length film, with plenty of Oscar-buzz surrounding this latest project.
Most Popular Stories
- American Airlines, US Airways Complete Merger
- ACA Delay Stresses Small Businesses
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- Harley Issues Motorcycle Recall
- Unemployed Wait as Lawmakers Debate
- General Dynamics Plans 200 New Jobs in N.M.
- Auto Dealer Builds Big Solar Project
- Entrepreneurs' Next Creation May Be New Laws
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts