Universal Stainless & Alloy Products inc. reported a profit of $1.1 million for the fourth quarter, down 75 percent from a year ago.
The Bridgeville-based specialty steelmaker said Tuesday its earnings of 16 cents a share are in line with recent guidance, and factor in expenses amounting to 12 cents a share to ramp up a North Jackson, Ohio, plant that makes nickel alloy, stainless and low-alloy steels
A year ago, the company had a $4.26 million profit, or 59 cents a share. Revenue fell 34 percent to $34.47 million.
For the full year, the company made a $14.62 million profit, or $2.02, on $195.32 million in sales. That's down from $18.12 million, or $2.56, on $202 million in revenue for 2011.
Kim Leonard is a staff writer for Trib Total Media.
Most Popular Stories
- Rackspace Ends Talks About Possible Acquisition
- Missouri GM Plant Adding 750 jobs
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- Cedeno Named USHCC Businessman of the Year
- Parameters Being Drawn for IS Action
- Aaron Hernandez: I Felt Helpless to Refuse Police
- Can Kobach Keep Taylor's Name on Ballot?
- Anheuser-Busch, Visa Voice NFL Disapproval
- Two-thirds of Hispanics Doubt Media Accuracy
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006