Universal Stainless & Alloy Products inc. reported a profit of $1.1 million for the fourth quarter, down 75 percent from a year ago.
The Bridgeville-based specialty steelmaker said Tuesday its earnings of 16 cents a share are in line with recent guidance, and factor in expenses amounting to 12 cents a share to ramp up a North Jackson, Ohio, plant that makes nickel alloy, stainless and low-alloy steels
A year ago, the company had a $4.26 million profit, or 59 cents a share. Revenue fell 34 percent to $34.47 million.
For the full year, the company made a $14.62 million profit, or $2.02, on $195.32 million in sales. That's down from $18.12 million, or $2.56, on $202 million in revenue for 2011.
Kim Leonard is a staff writer for Trib Total Media.
Most Popular Stories
- India Recognizes Transgender People as 'Third Gender'
- Alfonso Wins Executive of the Year Award
- German Firm Starts Gas Deliveries to Ukraine
- Grand Jury Seated in Rick Perry Ethics Case
- Five Secrets for Keeping a Job
- The 420 on the Hemp Products Giveaway
- Miami Attorney Being Honored for Charity Work
- U.S. Homebuilder Confidence Edged Up in April
- Study: Casual Marijuana Use May Cause Brain Changes
- Coca-Cola Soda Sales Lose Pop