Universal Stainless & Alloy Products inc. reported a profit of $1.1 million for the fourth quarter, down 75 percent from a year ago.
The Bridgeville-based specialty steelmaker said Tuesday its earnings of 16 cents a share are in line with recent guidance, and factor in expenses amounting to 12 cents a share to ramp up a North Jackson, Ohio, plant that makes nickel alloy, stainless and low-alloy steels
A year ago, the company had a $4.26 million profit, or 59 cents a share. Revenue fell 34 percent to $34.47 million.
For the full year, the company made a $14.62 million profit, or $2.02, on $195.32 million in sales. That's down from $18.12 million, or $2.56, on $202 million in revenue for 2011.
Kim Leonard is a staff writer for Trib Total Media.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?