Thanks to record-breaking album sales, Taylor Swift is often associated with the colors gold and platinum, but now she's officially adding some silver to her collection. Diet Coke today announced a long-term
partnership with the superstar, making her a centerpiece of the brand's iconic Stay Extraordinary platform, which celebrates the self-assured and aspirational people who enjoy Diet Coke everyday.
Six-time GRAMMY winner Swift will serve as a program ambassador for several Diet Coke initiatives and will be integrated into all key marketing efforts for the brand -- including advertising, retail activation, experiential and more. In an evolution of Diet Coke's Stay Extraordinary campaign, Swift will be featured in television, print and digital advertising scheduled to launch this spring.
"Taylor's unmatched business savvy, talent and drive to succeed are an inspiration to everyone. She's an extraordinary individual and a wonderful symbol of achievement," said Katie Bayne, President, North America Brands, The Coca-Cola Company. "Taylor tells us that every day Diet Coke plays a small part in helping her stay extraordinary. It's one of the many reasons she's the ideal partner to represent our brand."
"I've said for years that Diet Coke just gets me' and my lifestyle. I'm so excited about our new partnership," said Swift.
The partnership will put fans at the forefront of everything Swift and Diet Coke do together. Diet Coke's social media channels will serve as a Backstage Pass for fans. Ongoing videos, photos and updates from Swift will give fans a rare glimpse into her extraordinary life and career.
Diet Coke also will give fans extraordinary access to Swift both online and in person -- throughout her highly anticipated Red Tour, which kicks off March 13 in Omaha, Neb. This week, Swift celebrates her second consecutive week at No. 1 on Billboard's Mainstream Top 40 chart with "I Knew You Were Trouble.", the second worldwide chart-topper from her 5+ million-selling current album RED. Taylor was just awarded Best International Act honors at last week's Premios Principales Awards in Spain.
Fans can "like" Diet Coke on Facebook and follow @DietCoke on Twitter and Instagram to stay up-to-date on the very latest news, details and opportunities that will be announced in coming weeks.
Most Popular Stories
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- Schedule packed with talent at the Fox
- Manila's Hollywood Week
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- Austin musicians point to a variety of reasons to appreciate McCartney
- Financial Times Twitter, Email Hacked
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Return of Khan?
- Apple's iPhones, iPads Approved for Military Use, Sir Yes Sir!
- SINCE YOU ASKED [Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (PA)]