The clashes between the Free Syrian Army and government forces in different parts of the country resulted in deaths of at least 114 people over the past day, Al Jazeera reported on Tuesday.
According to the channel, most of the victims are residents of Damascus.
Anti-government protests have continued in Syria for more than a year and half. According to UN, the total number of victims of the conflict in Syria exceeds 60,000. More than 230,000 have become refugees with around three million in need of humanitarian assistance. The Syrian authorities say they oppose the well-armed militants.
Most Popular Stories
- Software Writers Sought in Indiana
- Miley Cyrus Performs in Undies After Costume Goes Missing
- FBI Helping Ukraine Recover Stolen Billions
- HBO No Go During 'True Detective' Finale
- Colo. Raises $3.5 Million in Pot Revenue
- Rodman Calls It Quits With Kim Jong Un
- Growth Expected if Congress Passes Budget
- Kim Jong Un Elected in Remarkable Unanimous Vote
- Neil Young Debuts PonoMusic This Week
- Uninsured Rate Continues to Fall