The clashes between the Free Syrian Army and government forces in different parts of the country resulted in deaths of at least 114 people over the past day, Al Jazeera reported on Tuesday.
According to the channel, most of the victims are residents of Damascus.
Anti-government protests have continued in Syria for more than a year and half. According to UN, the total number of victims of the conflict in Syria exceeds 60,000. More than 230,000 have become refugees with around three million in need of humanitarian assistance. The Syrian authorities say they oppose the well-armed militants.
Most Popular Stories
- High-Tech Home Theaters Undergoing a Revolution
- Amazon Prime Grabs Classic HBO TV Series
- Wellness Programs Grow More Popular With Employers
- Sales of New Homes Fell 14.5 Percent in March
- Procter & Gamble Income Up on Cost Cutting
- Obama Opens Japan Trip with Sushi Stop
- FedEx Sued Over Deadly California Bus Crash
- #myNYPD Twitter Campaign Backfires for NYPD
- Boeing Flying High With Strong First Quarter
- Google, SunPower Team Up on Solar Power