The clashes between the Free Syrian Army and government forces in different parts of the country resulted in deaths of at least 114 people over the past day, Al Jazeera reported on Tuesday.
According to the channel, most of the victims are residents of Damascus.
Anti-government protests have continued in Syria for more than a year and half. According to UN, the total number of victims of the conflict in Syria exceeds 60,000. More than 230,000 have become refugees with around three million in need of humanitarian assistance. The Syrian authorities say they oppose the well-armed militants.
Most Popular Stories
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- Cable TV Not Going Away, Says Cable TV
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- Prius Drivers Battle Stereotypes
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- 'Fury' Gets Into Soldiers' Minds: Brad Pitt
- Car Drivers Warned to Get Air Bags Fixed
- Alabama House Speaker Arrested on Felony Ethics Charges
- Clinton Rallies Early Vote for Landrieu
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals