VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/29/13 -- Rockland Minerals Corp. (TSX VENTURE: RL) (the "Company") is pleased to announce that a new technical report has been released on the Schefferville gold property by the Company highlighting new magnetic data, which will become the basis for future exploration on the property. The new report is available for download at www.rocklandminerals.ca.
The closely-spaced, low altitude, terrain-draped heli-mag survey was flown to pick up iron-bearing target rocks. After processing, the results have exceeded expectations, and will become the basis for future exploration on the property. The Schefferville Gold property hosts gold mineralization within arsenopyrite-bearing Archean iron formations which are strongly metamorphosed to the granulite facies. As the new report states: "Overall gold grade distribution suggests a general gold endowment in the area, associated with, but not limited to the pyrigarnet horizons (iron formations). The gold grade distribution is abnormally high for a prospecting program."
George F. Sanders, P.Geo, a director of the Company and the Qualified Person under NI 43-101 responsible for the technical content of this news release, states, "The iron-bearing rocks show up very well on the new mag survey. The new maps show the robust gold and arsenic geochemistry correlating with the magnetic features. A summer geological mapping program is being planned to take advantage of this new data, to identify drill targets in this complex and highly prospective area."
We seek Safe Harbor.
On behalf of the Board of Directors
Rav Mlait, President and CEO
Rockland Minerals Corp.
NEITHER THE TSX VENTURE EXCHANGE NOR ITS REGULATION SERVICES PROVIDER (AS THAT TERM IS DEFINED IN THE POLICIES OF THE TSX VENTURE EXCHANGE) ACCEPTS RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ADEQUACY OR ACCURACY OF THIS RELEASE.
Rockland Minerals Corp.
President and CEO
(604) 676-2767 (FAX)
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Natural Gas Discovery Could Lead to Cleaner Fuels