People in Timbuktu were looting shops
owned by ethnic Arabs, witnesses in the city reported on Tuesday.
The Malian army is deployed in the desert town which was only secured by government forces backed by French troops on Monday.
There have been growing concerns about reprisal attacks against minority groups, such as Arabs and Tuaregs, who are seen by some Malians as supporters of radical Islamist groups who took over the north last year.
Most Popular Stories
- Will Yahoo Splurge on $1-Billion acquisition of Tumblr?
- Yahoo to Pay $1.1 Billion for Tumblr
- Google Fiber Making an Impact
- Federal Rules Least of Coal Industry's Problems
- Gas Prices Expected to Stay High
- New 'Arrested Development' Episodes 'Dressed Up'
- Facebook, Twitter Announce Apps for Google Glass
- Summer Movies Aimed at Young Men, Teen Boys
- Exciting Night for UFC Fans
- Rand Paul 2016?