ORLANDO, FL -- (Marketwire) -- 01/29/13 -- Orlando World Center Marriott, one of the country's most impressive convention hotels, is proud to announce the completion of phase one of its multi-million dollar transformation. With extensive enhancements to the North Tower guestrooms and meeting space, Hall of Cities meeting rooms, 110 guest suites, on-site Starbucks, as well as an expanded pool deck and lawn for poolside events and activities, upgrades further establish this landmark hotel and bring an unprecedented resort concept to Orlando.
"We have poured a lot of energy and planning into the transformation of Orlando World Center, and are proud to reveal the completion of phase one while unveiling elements involved in phase two," said Gary Dybul, Director of Sales and Marketing for Orlando World Center Marriott. "We are an iconic destination that provides the highest level of customization and flexibility to each guest and every group, and the renovations allow us to enhance the experience by further extending an unparalleled level of quality."
Phase one project completions include:
•North Tower Guest Rooms & Meeting Space: 504 guestrooms and 10 suites in the property's North Tower have been completely renovated including all soft goods and case goods. Additionally, the 13 meeting rooms in the North Tower -- offering nearly 14,000 square feet of total meeting space -- have all been refurbished including carpet, vinyl, new air-walls and electronic door cards.
•Hall of Cities: Orlando World Center's 14 Hall of Cities meeting rooms, which are the gateway to the hotel's 230,000-square-feet of ballroom space, present a fresh new design.
•Starbucks: located in the lobby, the on-site Starbucks has been redesigned and expanded to resemble those found on neighborhood street corners across the country. Affording visitors more space to work, network or simply enjoy a cup of Joe in a familiar environment.
•Suites: 110 guest suites have been remodeled with a contemporary design, embodying the essence of Florida and its diverse landscapes with aqua, russet and neutral tones. Featuring nine different suite types, options range from the luxurious, 4,000 square-foot International Suite located on the 28th floor to the 477 square-feet Promenade Suites conveniently located near hotel restaurants and pools.
•Falls Pool and Deck Experience: the new pool deck features high performance pavers, a tiered seating layout allowing each deck chair an optimal visual and circulation connectivity to the main pool, while the outer edge of the pool deck rises to meet the lawn area -- perfect for sizable functions and outdoor recreational activities.
Most Popular Stories
- Schedule packed with talent at the Fox
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- Austin musicians point to a variety of reasons to appreciate McCartney
- Manila's Hollywood Week
- Promoter McLean 'provided more musical joy than Dylan and Prince combined'
- SINCE YOU ASKED [Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (PA)]
- Financial Times Twitter, Email Hacked
- The Blade, Toledo, Ohio, TK Barger column