U.S. stock indexes were mixed Tuesday in New York, as a four-week winning streak looked wobbly.
Markets closed mixed Monday and got off to a tentative start Tuesday. In midmorning trading on Wall Street, the Dow Jones industrial average gained 27.69 points or 0.2 percent to 13,909.62. The Nasdaq composite of tech-oriented stocks lost 15.89 points or 0.5 percent to 3,138.41. The Standard and Poor's 500 index added 0.52 points or 0.05 percent to 1,500.93.
The 10-year treasury note was unchanged overnight, yielding 1.962 percent.
Against the dollar, the euro rose to $1.348 from Monday's $1.3455. The dollar fell to 90.64 yen from Monday's 90.85 yen.
In Tokyo, the Nikkei 225 index added 0.39 percent, 42.41 points, to 10,866.72.
Most Popular Stories
- Miley Cyrus Performs in Undies After Costume Goes Missing
- FBI Helping Ukraine Recover Stolen Billions
- HBO No Go During 'True Detective' Finale
- Software Writers Sought in Indiana
- Uninsured Rate Continues to Fall
- Colo. Raises $3.5 Million in Pot Revenue
- Kim Jong Un Elected in Remarkable Unanimous Vote
- Neil Young Debuts PonoMusic This Week
- Rodman Calls It Quits With Kim Jong Un
- Growth Expected if Congress Passes Budget