Prosecutors in San Mateo, Calif., said former 49ers and Raiders player Kwame Harris has been charged with assaulting his boyfriend.
Court documents report Harris, 30, became angry with his boyfriend Dimitri Geier, at Su Hung restaurant in Menlo Park in August.
County Prosecutor Al Serrato said Monday Harris got angry when Geier attempted to put soy sauce on Harris' rice.
"Basically, they're having dinner together and they get into a verbal dispute and it gets violent from there," Serrato said.
Harris then accused Geier of stealing his underwear, Serrato said, and tried to pull down Geier's pants, before pinning Geier against a glass window and hitting him several times in the face and head.
San Francisco Chronicle said Geier suffered multiple facial fractures and underwent surgery.
Prosecutors said Harris was charged with felony domestic abuse with great bodily injury and assault with great bodily injury.
He pleaded not guilty and is scheduled to go to trial in April, prosecutors said.
Harris played for the 49ers for five years before signing with the Raiders as a free agent. He was released in 2008.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- What to Expect From an Amazon Smartphone
- Clinton Sought GOP Support for Health Plan
- Auto Parts Plant Opening in Pa., Jobs on Tap
- Earnings Season Starts Rough for Health Insurers
- Saucedo Mercer Running on Empty in Arizona
- Spring Salmon Return to San Joaquin
- Venture Investments in U.S. Highest Since 2001
- IPO Market Shows Signs of Settling Down to Earth
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text