A New Jersey high school celebrated Bubble Wrap Appreciation Day by setting a Guinness world record with 366 people simultaneously popping Bubble Wrap.
Hawthorne High School and the Sealed Air Corp., manufacturer of Bubble Wrap, said 366 people popped the product for two minutes with a Guinness World Records adjudicator on hand to make the record official, The (Newark) Star-Ledger reported Tuesday.
Sealed Air said the event marked the 13th annual Bubble Wrap Appreciation Day, which is celebrated on the last Monday in January.
The company, which was founded in 1960, said it manufactures enough Bubble Wrap each year to stretch to the moon and back.
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- College Board Offers a Sneak Peak at New SAT
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Salsa Legend Cheo Feliciano Killed in Car Crash
- Earthlike Planet Found in Red Dwarf's Goldilocks Zone
- New Auto Plant to Create 155 Jobs in Kentucky
- Miss. Gov. Signs Bills to Curb Unions
- Hiring and Weekly Jobless Claims Both Edge Up
- Generating Solar Power in the Dark
- Google Q1 Earnings Dip as Ad Prices Slip