A New Jersey high school celebrated Bubble Wrap Appreciation Day by setting a Guinness world record with 366 people simultaneously popping Bubble Wrap.
Hawthorne High School and the Sealed Air Corp., manufacturer of Bubble Wrap, said 366 people popped the product for two minutes with a Guinness World Records adjudicator on hand to make the record official, The (Newark) Star-Ledger reported Tuesday.
Sealed Air said the event marked the 13th annual Bubble Wrap Appreciation Day, which is celebrated on the last Monday in January.
The company, which was founded in 1960, said it manufactures enough Bubble Wrap each year to stretch to the moon and back.
Most Popular Stories
- Steven Sotloff Beheading Video Claimed by Islamic State
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- Apple Planning to Launch Mobile Wallet
- Men Are the Big Winners in the Jobs Recovery
- Challenge to Texas Voter ID Begins
- U.S. Drones Hit al-Shabab in Somalia
- California Hispanic Chamber Picks New Chair
- Ford Is Finding Success With Its 'Unminivan'
- Durant Spurns Under Armour to Return to Nike
- Auto Industry Going Back to Bad Habits