A New Jersey high school celebrated Bubble Wrap Appreciation Day by setting a Guinness world record with 366 people simultaneously popping Bubble Wrap.
Hawthorne High School and the Sealed Air Corp., manufacturer of Bubble Wrap, said 366 people popped the product for two minutes with a Guinness World Records adjudicator on hand to make the record official, The (Newark) Star-Ledger reported Tuesday.
Sealed Air said the event marked the 13th annual Bubble Wrap Appreciation Day, which is celebrated on the last Monday in January.
The company, which was founded in 1960, said it manufactures enough Bubble Wrap each year to stretch to the moon and back.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?