A New Jersey high school celebrated Bubble Wrap Appreciation Day by setting a Guinness world record with 366 people simultaneously popping Bubble Wrap.
Hawthorne High School and the Sealed Air Corp., manufacturer of Bubble Wrap, said 366 people popped the product for two minutes with a Guinness World Records adjudicator on hand to make the record official, The (Newark) Star-Ledger reported Tuesday.
Sealed Air said the event marked the 13th annual Bubble Wrap Appreciation Day, which is celebrated on the last Monday in January.
The company, which was founded in 1960, said it manufactures enough Bubble Wrap each year to stretch to the moon and back.
Most Popular Stories
- Twitter Names Woman to Board
- NSA Tracks 5 Billion Cellphone Records a Day
- Nelson Mandela Dies After Momentous Life
- W.H. Corrects Itself on Unclegate
- Nelson Mandela Dead at 95
- Fast-Food Workers Want $15 an Hour
- Pope Francis Says He'll Fight Child Sex Abuse
- Yemen Attack Kills 52
- Roybal-Allard Tours Gordon Brush Plant
- Aspen Contracting Adding 300 Jobs