A New Jersey high school celebrated Bubble Wrap Appreciation Day by setting a Guinness world record with 366 people simultaneously popping Bubble Wrap.
Hawthorne High School and the Sealed Air Corp., manufacturer of Bubble Wrap, said 366 people popped the product for two minutes with a Guinness World Records adjudicator on hand to make the record official, The (Newark) Star-Ledger reported Tuesday.
Sealed Air said the event marked the 13th annual Bubble Wrap Appreciation Day, which is celebrated on the last Monday in January.
The company, which was founded in 1960, said it manufactures enough Bubble Wrap each year to stretch to the moon and back.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women