EDINBURGH, SCOTLAND -- (Marketwire) -- 01/29/13 -- Boldly preserving the ambience of one of Scotland's finest Baronial manors, Dalmahoy, A Marriott Hotel & Country Club has commenced an exciting refurbishment of its 7 period rooms in the main house of the West Lothian hotel. The refurbishment is sensitive to its noble history, retaining all of the distinctive period features of the building whilst adding touches of elegant luxury and the highest quality fixtures and fittings to make these rooms something truly special.
Work started on the refurbishment on the 15th of December and will continue until mid February. Included in the refurbishment is the famous 'Lady Mary's Room,' said to be haunted by Lady Mary Douglas, daughter of the Earl of Morton, Robert Douglas, who died in 1689. Staff at the 4 star hotel near Livingston is interested to see how Lady Mary will react to the works and it is hoped she will be happy with her new surroundings and agree that the disruptions were very much worth it!
About Dalmahoy, A Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Dalmahoy, A Marriott Hotel & Country Club is a stately retreat located within 1,000 acres of serene Scottish parkland. Featuring 215 luxury hotel rooms near Edinburgh, guests can choose from contemporary accommodations and experience bright and spacious rooms furnished to depict the heritage of this distinctive estate. An unrivaled destination for inspirational business meetings, corporate retreats or elegant social gatherings, the hotel features chic venues, a serene ambience, dedicated event managers and professional catering to ensure every event is a spectacular success.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2214359
Add to Digg Bookmark with del.icio.us Add to Newsvine
Director of Sales & Marketing
Dalmahoy, A Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Kirknewton, Edinburgh, Scotland EH27 8EB
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March