LONDON -- (Marketwire) -- 01/29/13 -- Finspreads: A French court has order the suspension of restructuring plans by car manufacturer Peugeot Citroen, claiming the company had not adequately consulted employees. The plans, which could see the loss of 8,000 jobs and the closure of the factory in Paris, have been the source of much controversy in France.
The company said that despite the ruling, it would continue with negotiations with unions about the cuts. The court order comes after complaints from workers at the parts supplier subsidiary Faurecia.
It was the CGT union who managed to successfully argue that Peugeot had failed to respect legal obligations to state that two of the Faurecia sites were likely to be affected by the planned closure of the manufacturer's factory in Paris.
The company's difficulties have arisen due to a depressed home market that has affected many of its other European rivals, with EU car sales down by 8.2 per cent since 2011.
At 1345GMT during trading in Paris, Peugeot's shares were valued at EUR 6.24, a fall of 1.06 per cent.
Learn about the markets and find spread betting tips at Finspreads.
Best in Education and Training
As a rule of thumb, we recommend that all of our clients spend time learning about the markets before you start trading.
To help you get started, we have designed a range of world-class training and education tools and services to improve your spread betting skills and help you to become a profitable trader.
From world-class seminars to dedicated spread betting Beginners and Limited Risk accounts -- you can enhance your knowledge of spread betting and put this into action no matter what your level of spread betting experience.
Your losses are magnified in exactly the same way as your gains if the market moves against you and can result in losses exceeding your initial outlay. Please ensure you fully understand the risks involved.
Add to Digg Bookmark with del.icio.us Add to Newsvine
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women