Chase, the U.S. consumer and commercial banking arm of JPMorgan Chase & Co., said today that it extended nearly $7.5 billion in new loans to small businesses in California in 2012, up 58 percent from 2011.
California's share represented more than a third of $20.2 billion in new credit provided to small businesses nationwide -- up 18 percent over 2011.
Besides California, Chase said 2012 loan growth was strongest in the states of Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Florida and Louisiana.
Chase small business lending generally includes credit extended to firms with less than $20 million in annual revenue.
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say