OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 01/28/13 -- Today, the Honourable Lisa Raitt, Canada's Labour Minister, commended Canadian Pacific Railway and the Teamsters Canada Rail Conference - Maintenance of Way Division on the ratification of their historic five-year collective agreement.
"I am very pleased that Canadian Pacific Railway and the TCRC worked together to enter into this agreement," said Minister Raitt. "This is the first five-year contract for these employees. The cooperative relations demonstrated by both parties means that trains continue to run, which benefits the economic prosperity and security of Canadians."
The Teamsters Canada Rail Conference - Maintenance of Way Division represents 2 600 men and women who build and maintain the tracks, bridges, structures and machinery on the majority of railways in Canada. Their previous agreement expired on December 31, 2012.
This news release is available in alternative formats upon request.
Follow us on Twitter
IF THERE IS A DISCREPANCY BETWEEN ANY PRINTED VERSION AND THE ELECTRONIC VERSION OF THIS NEWS RELEASE, THE ELECTRONIC VERSION WILL PREVAIL.
Office of Minister Raitt
Media Relations Office
Human Resources and Skills Development Canada
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Automakers Turn to China to Fuel Sales Growth
- Pope Francis, Huge Crowd Joyously Celebrate Easter
- GM Boosting China Production Capacity
- GOP Making Bold Play for Oregon Senate Seat
- Delay in Ferry Evacuation Puzzles Maritime Experts
- Report: Iran VP Says Row Over Reactor Resolved
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs
- Confusion, Anger as Sunken Ferry's Relatives Wait
- Iran Denounces U.S. Ruling to Sell Property