OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 01/28/13 -- Today, the Honourable Lisa Raitt, Canada's Labour Minister, commended Canadian Pacific Railway and the Teamsters Canada Rail Conference - Maintenance of Way Division on the ratification of their historic five-year collective agreement.
"I am very pleased that Canadian Pacific Railway and the TCRC worked together to enter into this agreement," said Minister Raitt. "This is the first five-year contract for these employees. The cooperative relations demonstrated by both parties means that trains continue to run, which benefits the economic prosperity and security of Canadians."
The Teamsters Canada Rail Conference - Maintenance of Way Division represents 2 600 men and women who build and maintain the tracks, bridges, structures and machinery on the majority of railways in Canada. Their previous agreement expired on December 31, 2012.
This news release is available in alternative formats upon request.
Follow us on Twitter
IF THERE IS A DISCREPANCY BETWEEN ANY PRINTED VERSION AND THE ELECTRONIC VERSION OF THIS NEWS RELEASE, THE ELECTRONIC VERSION WILL PREVAIL.
Office of Minister Raitt
Media Relations Office
Human Resources and Skills Development Canada
Most Popular Stories
- SpaceX's Satellite Launch Is 'Game-Changer'
- Reid Confident Congress to Pass Immigration Bill
- Maui Visitor Killed in Shark Attack
- Wisconsin Gov. Campaign Aide Fired Over Tweets
- Climate Change Early Warning System Urged
- Brazil Braces for Street Protests at World Cup
- Boehner Hires Immigration Reform Expert
- Sprint Not Moving Headquarters to California
- Gloom Settles on Markets Despite Strong Jobs Report
- Calif. Likes Christie, Says Tea Party's a Drag