OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 01/28/13 -- Today, the Honourable Lisa Raitt, Canada's Labour Minister, commended Canadian Pacific Railway and the Teamsters Canada Rail Conference - Maintenance of Way Division on the ratification of their historic five-year collective agreement.
"I am very pleased that Canadian Pacific Railway and the TCRC worked together to enter into this agreement," said Minister Raitt. "This is the first five-year contract for these employees. The cooperative relations demonstrated by both parties means that trains continue to run, which benefits the economic prosperity and security of Canadians."
The Teamsters Canada Rail Conference - Maintenance of Way Division represents 2 600 men and women who build and maintain the tracks, bridges, structures and machinery on the majority of railways in Canada. Their previous agreement expired on December 31, 2012.
This news release is available in alternative formats upon request.
Follow us on Twitter
IF THERE IS A DISCREPANCY BETWEEN ANY PRINTED VERSION AND THE ELECTRONIC VERSION OF THIS NEWS RELEASE, THE ELECTRONIC VERSION WILL PREVAIL.
Office of Minister Raitt
Media Relations Office
Human Resources and Skills Development Canada
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women