Nick Faldo won the Doral championship in 1995, and now he's back at the famed Miami course with a new playing partner -- Donald Trump.
Trump hired Faldo to redesign the Red and Gold courses at Doral, and already, their partnership is "entertaining," Faldo said Friday, in between signing copies of his newly updated book, Swing for Life, at the PGA Merchandise Show here.
He'll turn the Red course into "a really playable resort course, as beautiful as possible," Faldo said.
He finds working with Trump "delightful" -- which means they enjoy each other's sense of humor. In mid-December, the duo marked their good fortune by tossing coins into a new fountain Trump had just built in the style of Rome 's Trevi fountain.
"I threw in a dollar, and he threw in a quarter," Faldo quipped.
Faldo, who has a home in Winter Park, was also debuting three new business ventures at the PGA Show: Faldo by Edel, a customized-clubs business; Faldo Series Academy in Arizona, a residential school for potentially elite golfers; and a new golf apparel line called Claret & Green.
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Venezuela Death Toll Reaches 28
- Russia Holds Large Military Drills in South
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- Navarro Celebrates 2 Years of Vida Mia
- Herbalife Puts Off Meeting for Icahn Talks
- Ukraine Loan Delayed While Congress Goes on Vacation
- Ukraine Moves Closer to Joining E.U.
- Federal Gov't Deficit Continues to Decline