Florida Media Market (FMM) will hold its sixth global conference in Miami Beach, Fla., Jan. 30-Feb. 2. The Bridge to the World conference brings international filmmakers and executives together for five days of pitching and deal making, along with an awards gala and a breakfast for powerful women in the industry.
FMM's first Shift Awards gala will be hosted by Maria Conchita Alonso on Feb. 2. Such stars as Victor Gonzalez, Gabriel Porras, Hector Soberon and Laura Termini will be presenting awards.
Honorees include Armando Nunez, president, CBS Studios International, who will be picking up a Distribution Lifetime Achievement Award. Mr. Nunez was appointed to his position in October last year. He had served as president of CBS's international television division since 1999, and ranked on HispanicBusiness' 100 Influentials index for 2008.
Movie and television nominees include A Girl in Progress by Pantelion/ Lionsgate, American Idol by Freemantle, La Promesa by Caracol, A donde esta Elisa by Telemundo, Capadocia by HBO, and Casos de Familia by Venevision.
The conference will also hold its first Goddess Mujer Woman (GMW) Breakfast on Jan. 31, featuring a panel of five powerful women in the entertainment industry.
To register, go to Florida Media Market's website.
Most Popular Stories
- Paniagua Wins Grand Prize in Young Artists Program
- Cable TV Not Going Away, Says Cable TV
- Yaris Adds French Flair for US Market
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- Sub Hunt Brings Cold War Chill Back to Baltic
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- ISIS Seeks to Expand Terror War
- IBM to Pay Big to Unload Chip Division
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals