Eight of 20 missing members of the Mexican musical group Kombo Kolombia were found dead in a pit in Mexico's Mina Township, officials said.
The group, which consisted of 12 musicians and eight crew members, disappeared in Nuevo Leon, Mexico, after playing for a private party in Hidalgo, El Universal reported.
The mass grave was found in the township about 30 miles from the site of the party, the newspaper reported Monday.
Authorities said the victims had been dead for about 36 hours, putting their time of death at just after the private show.
Searchers looked for the other 12 band members.
Kombo Kolombia is a Colombian-style band that has produced hits such as "I Want To Fly," "Back" and "Only You Make Me Happy," the news report said.
Most Popular Stories
- Thousands of Children Dragged Into U.S. Political Bickering
- Repubs to Sue Obama for Delaying Obamacare
- Portugal Bank Fears Spark Selloff
- Emmys: 'Orange' Marks Break From Sitcoms
- Dems Float Long-Shot Effort to Curb Campaign Cash
- Border Crisis Could Lead to Faster Deportations
- Bundy Ranch Standoff Has Spurred Radical Right
- Union Pulls Support of UNCF Over Koch Gift
- Kerry in Afghanistan to Meet Candidates
- Fed Vice Chair Fischer: Care Needed to Avoid Crisis