Jobs are coming.
The first wave of more than 2,400 new civil service jobs being created at the California Correctional Health Care Facility, Stockton, has been announced. It's for warehouse workers, and the state will be offering a one-day, one-time opportunity for Stockton residents to become eligible by taking an online exam between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. next Friday.
The job pays $37,000 to $43,000 annually and includes state benefits. Taking the exam is the first step toward being hired at the facility under construction at 6500 Arch Road in southeast Stockton. Passing the exam makes the applicant eligible to apply for the position when it becomes available.
To apply for the training and experience assessment exam, go to ChangingPrisonHealthcare.org. It is also recommended that you establish an applicant profile with the California Correctional Health Care System through that website before taking the exam. For those without Internet access, free access terminals are available at most public libraries.
For the latest exam information, phone (916) 691-5894 or (877) 793-4473. California Relay Service for the Deaf or Hearing Impaired is at (800) 735-2929. For those with a disability who need special testing arrangements, phone (916) 691-5894.
To see a summary of benefits, visit the California Department of Human Resources at calhr.ca.gov/employees/pages/salary-and-benefits.aspx.
Most Popular Stories
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- Schedule packed with talent at the Fox
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- Austin musicians point to a variety of reasons to appreciate McCartney
- Manila's Hollywood Week
- Promoter McLean 'provided more musical joy than Dylan and Prince combined'
- The Blade, Toledo, Ohio, TK Barger column
- SINCE YOU ASKED [Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (PA)]
- Emirati announces new film project at Cannes