SEATTLE, Jan. 25, 2013 /PRNewswire-HISPANIC PR WIRE/ -- The following statement is being issued by The Garden City Group, Inc., settlement administrator in Kwan, et al. v. Clearwire Corp., et al., No. C09-1392 JLR.
Clearwire and Bureau of Recovery, LLC ("BOR") have agreed to settle a class action in the United States District Court for the Western District of Washington at Seattle (Kwan, et al. v. Clearwire Corp., et al., No. C09-1392 JLR).
Plaintiffs claim, among other things, that Clearwire and its vendors placed calls to cellular telephones in violation of federal and state law, as well as calls to people who asked not to be called. Plaintiffs are represented by the Seattle law firm of Williamson & Williams. In agreeing to settle, Clearwire and BOR do not admit any wrongdoing and have asserted defenses. The parties agreed to settle to avoid the burden, costs and uncertainty of further litigation.
As part of the proposed settlement, Clearwire will provide payments or offsets to Class Members who submit a valid Claim Form, and will forgive certain indebtedness for Class Members. Clearwire will also change certain calling practices.
For additional details regarding the settlement, go to www.automatictelephonecallsettlement.com.
SOURCE The Garden City Group, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Why the Bond Market Isn't as Safe as You Think
- Lexus Luxury Compact Sedan Wins Buyers
- Royals Beat A's in 12-inning Wild Card Thriller
- What to Look for in Mich. Jobs Market
- Review: Pay by Phone or Just Keep Using Plastic?
- Construction Spending Down Again for August
- Dallas Parents Fear Students Exposed to Ebola
- Obama Seeks Traction From Economic Recovery