The first Autorama car show will include hot rods, custom cars and reality TV star Vinnie DiMartino at the El Paso convention center beginning today.
The three-day show will be highlighted by DiMartino's four-hour party starting at 1 p.m. Saturday.
In a telephone interview, the famous motorcycle builder said he visited El Paso in 2008 and is looking forward to returning.
"I'm excited. It's like five degrees up here (in Rock Tavern, N.Y.)," DiMartino said. "Hopefully, it is warmer in El Paso."
DiMartino will be available for autographs -- on posters and just about anything else.
"People have brought parts of their motorcycle, auto parts and all sorts of things," he said.
While DiMartino was working with his friend, Paul Teutul Jr., at Orange County Choppers, the shop became the focus of The Discovery Channel's reality show "American Chopper."
Since then, DiMartino has opened his own shop -- DiMartino Motorsports.
"The best part about doing these meet-and-greets is meeting the fans out there," DiMartino said. "The fact that they love what you do is what makes me feel good."
Even though he is not much for reveling in celebrity status, DiMartino said he has always enjoyed the fans.
"I do these shows because I get to meet people," DiMartino said. "But the truth is, I'm a shop guy. That is what I enjoy doing."
There will be a best-in-class competition for various categories, including antique and exotic
cars, classic trucks and lowriders.
"I would like to see everything," DiMartino said. "Unfortunately, when we are working these shows and doing meet-and-greets, we don't get to see a whole bunch. But I'm going to try to check things out."
-- Where: El Paso Convention Center.
-- Cost: $10 for adults, $8 for military, free for children 12 and under.
-- Times: 3 p.m. to 8 p.m. today; 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday; and 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday.
-- Vinnie DiMartino of "American Chopper" will meet fans from 1 to 5 p.m. Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women