Innocent Musabyimana, a Rwandan suspected of genocide and crimes against humanity, has been arrested in France.
The African nation of Rwanda issued the warrant in November and Musabyimana was arrested Tuesday in Dijon, Radio France International reported Thursday.
French officials say they do not know anything about him or how long he has been in the country. He was driving a delivery van when arrested, authorities said.
A group dedicated to finding genocide suspects in France also said they knew nothing about him.
Prosecutors in Rwanda say they have requested his extradition on charges of genocide, murders and rape during a 1994 conflict.
A judge in Dijon says he will rule on the request by Jan. 30.
Most Popular Stories
- Study: Recessions Can Postpone Motherhood Forever
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Short-changed in Texas
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Who Is Daniel Ivascyn?
- Hispanics Carry Big Clout: Census
- Washington's 'The Equalizer' Debuts With $35 Million
- China Approves iPhone 6 After Security Assurances
- Netflix Eyes Hollywood With Feature Film
- Effort to Oust Assad Put on Hold
- Meet the YouTube Tech Review Sensation