Innocent Musabyimana, a Rwandan suspected of genocide and crimes against humanity, has been arrested in France.
The African nation of Rwanda issued the warrant in November and Musabyimana was arrested Tuesday in Dijon, Radio France International reported Thursday.
French officials say they do not know anything about him or how long he has been in the country. He was driving a delivery van when arrested, authorities said.
A group dedicated to finding genocide suspects in France also said they knew nothing about him.
Prosecutors in Rwanda say they have requested his extradition on charges of genocide, murders and rape during a 1994 conflict.
A judge in Dijon says he will rule on the request by Jan. 30.
Most Popular Stories
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Apple Said to Duck Billions in Taxes
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion