Innocent Musabyimana, a Rwandan suspected of genocide and crimes against humanity, has been arrested in France.
The African nation of Rwanda issued the warrant in November and Musabyimana was arrested Tuesday in Dijon, Radio France International reported Thursday.
French officials say they do not know anything about him or how long he has been in the country. He was driving a delivery van when arrested, authorities said.
A group dedicated to finding genocide suspects in France also said they knew nothing about him.
Prosecutors in Rwanda say they have requested his extradition on charges of genocide, murders and rape during a 1994 conflict.
A judge in Dijon says he will rule on the request by Jan. 30.
Most Popular Stories
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Senators Reach Deal on Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac
- GM Recall Poses First Major Test for New CEO
- Deborah Hersman Quits NTSB
- Biden Considers Mediation in Venezuela
- Swedish Journalist Nils Horner Shot Dead in Kabul
- Bob Crow Remembered as Shrewd Champion of Union Workers
- 'Titanfall' XBox Debut Has Microsoft Fired Up
- Job Openings Less Than Expected in January
- El Empleo Rebota: La Columna Cohen