HERNDON, VA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/24/13 --
Volkswagen Pre-Game Release "Sunny Side" featuring Jimmy Cliff
Marking the fourth consecutive year of Big Game participation, Volkswagen looks to continue in 2013 with the "Get In. Get Happy." campaign. Beginning with "Sunny Side," the campaign is designed to bring a jolt of happiness to consumers' daily lives.
Central to that happy feeling is Jimmy Cliff, a Rock and Roll Hall-of-Famer and reggae legend, singing a new cover of the Partridge Family's theme song, "C'mon, Get Happy" in Volkswagen's new pre-game release ad.
Created by Deutsch LA, Volkswagen's creative agency of record, and directed by the Perlorian Brothers, the two-minute pre-game release features well-known YouTube "celebs" singing along with Jimmy Cliff and learning how to "Get Happy".
Recent Volkswagen Big Game ads have enjoyed enormous success and popularity: "The Dog Strikes Back", featuring the 2012 Beetle being chased by Bolt the dog, was named one of 2012's leading ads on YouTube. "The Force", Volkswagen's award-winning Big Game spot in 2011, was voted the number one ad of 2011 by ADWEEK and garnered more than 55 million views online.
Pre-game release available to view here.
For interview opportunities with Volkswagen of America marketing executives as well as the Perlorian Brothers, please contact:
Add to Digg Bookmark with del.icio.us Add to Newsvine
Most Popular Stories
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Eva Mendes Gives Birth to a Baby Girl
- Hispanic Groups Lead Voter Registration Drive
- Fed Signals It Will Keep Key Rate at Record Low
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Stocks Rise Before Fed Statement
- Occupy Wall Street Buys Up Student Debt
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays