TORONTO, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 01/24/13 -- Peter Beck, founder and President of Orbixa Technologies Inc., today announced the commencement of legal proceedings in the Ontario Superior Court of Justice against JitneyTrade Inc., Oscar Ribeiro, Kamal Mansouri and Eidolon Systems Inc.
In addition to seeking an injunction restraining the defendants from using Orbixa's confidential information, Orbixa seeks $38,400,000 in damages for breach of duty of confidentiality, breach of fiduciary duty and conspiracy to damage its economic and contractual interests, as well as $3,000,000 in damages for conversion of its property and a further $500,000 in punitive and exemplary damages.
Mr. Ribeiro was formerly employed by Orbixa. Mr. Mansouri and Eidolon Systems performed technical programming services for Orbixa before allegedly misappropriating multiple elements of Orbixa's intellectual property in order to create a trading software platform called Spire.
JitneyTrade, an IIROC member firm registered with the OSC and AMF, was the Canadian broker for Orbixa's largest client, a multinational day-trading firm previously known as Swift Trade Global Markets. JitneyTrade is alleged to have conspired with the other defendants to misappropriate Orbixa's and its client's confidential information.
Toronto-based Orbixa Technologies supplies leading edge trading technology to clients on a cost-effective basis.
Orbixa Technologies Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Study: Recessions Can Postpone Motherhood Forever
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Short-changed in Texas
- China Approves iPhone 6 After Security Assurances
- Meet the YouTube Tech Review Sensation
- U.S. Home Prices Rose at Slowest Pace in 20 Months
- Who Is Daniel Ivascyn?
- Netflix Eyes Hollywood With Feature Film
- Hispanics Carry Big Clout: Census
- Washington's 'The Equalizer' Debuts With $35 Million